I'm here~ o/

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Drea

I'm here~ o/

Post by Drea »

... I know some of you, at least in passing, and at least one of you I've talked to at length even though it might have been year(SSSSSS) ago and I stopped responding at some point because my depression and anxiety always get the better of me! (hgh)

I, however, want to get into this sort of thing, and it seems like this is the best place to start. A COMMUNITY OF LIKE MINDED WEIRDOS PEOPLE who do this thing often. I used to make small shrines years and years and years ago, but I haven't done one in a while, but I have some ideas percolating and I am excited.

I'm 34, have agoraphobia, social anxiety, depression, and other such things that make me very hard to keep on task (like ADD) but I try very hard to overcome those as I am not medicated (DARN YOU LACK OF INSURANCE.) I want to get involved, I want to do the thing, and I've admired many of you from afar for quite a while now. I love penguins, anime & manga, video games (probably most), music (maybe this most) and other such things. I uh... I'm bad at talking about myself, SO YOU GO.

HI. YES. hi... I'ma hide now.
Destinie

Re: I'm here~ o/

Post by Destinie »

Welcome, Drea! Nice to meet you~ ^_^

Hoping that you will be able to overcome your obstacles and get to work on things you like! Many of us here are also balancing our needs and interests so I am sure you will be able to find lots of creative support here!

What kinds of anime/manga and video games are your favorites?
Drea

Post by Drea »

I'm big into Shounen anime overall, but generally anything with a decent story, sub plots of romance, giant robots, supernatural/preternatural, or actiony and I'm on board. In recent history I've been a big fan of Mob Psycho 100 and Garo: the Animation for instance! But I was also a huge fan of Slayers in the 90s and 00s (still am, just to a lesser degree) so it's varied!

As far as games go, jRPGs for the most part, as I grew up on them, though I also lean towards action rpgs and stuff too, and sometimes strategy like Tactics Ogre and the like. Anything with a plethora of characters (FFVI, Suikoden), great story elements (Suikoden, Final Fantasy,) and the ability to somewhat develop your own path and I'm on board. ^^
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Hello there Drea! We've probably bumped into eachother at some point back in the day. I just came back after years and years as well. :) I have a lot of similar issues and tend to bounce back and forth, so i know very well what it's like. I always found site making and shrine making to be therapeutic in a way?

I look forward to seeing what you create! <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome! *hugs* I know those social anxiety fears (mine come from PTSD but I can still empathize). But I promise we've had our shots so we're not rabid or anything, ROFLLLL! Come do the thing with us! <3 I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fav things through your sites <3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Drea

Post by Drea »

*hugs all around!* I keep trying to revamp some of my smaller sites (fanlistings) and I'll start futzing with graphics, get halfway done, and hate it all. I also have this problem where I end up overediting if I spend too much time. ... also a problem where I'll get a framework of a layout up, love the bejeezer out of it, then slowly grow to hate it as I work on tweaks. I NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

That being said, I'm /going/ to fix this problem and push through. ♥ I'm very glad to be in a place where I'll have people to talk me off a ledge and tell me even if my site isn't as beautiful as theirs (trust me, everyone's better at this than I am. >D) that it still deserves to exist. <3 <3

(ps I get the therapy in shrine making. A long, long time ago before I discovered things like fanlistings I had a shrine to Celes that was awful and mostly opinion pieces and stuff but it made me feel nice getting it all together.)
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Welcome fellow JRPG fiend~ I'm Nyx and I can't shut up about Shin Megami Tensei and all its spinoff series!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Welcome to Amassment, Drea~! Glad you could join us! We're all nerds here in some shape or form, so feel free to express yourself in any way at anytime ;) :heart:
Drea wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am (ps I get the therapy in shrine making. A long, long time ago before I discovered things like fanlistings I had a shrine to Celes that was awful and mostly opinion pieces and stuff but it made me feel nice getting it all together.)
Aww, I hope you can bring this back someday. You know, most shrines these days are basically a collection of opinion pieces, anyway!
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Stefi wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 pmAww, I hope you can bring this back someday. You know, most shrines these days are basically a collection of opinion pieces, anyway!
These days with every media having a wikia, yeah... opinion pieces are pretty much the whole point of even making shrines. People used to go to them for character information. :sob: SO YES. PLEASE OPINION AWAAAY!
Drea

Post by Drea »

Stefi wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 pm Welcome to Amassment, Drea~! Glad you could join us! We're all nerds here in some shape or form, so feel free to express yourself in any way at anytime ;) :heart:
Drea wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am (ps I get the therapy in shrine making. A long, long time ago before I discovered things like fanlistings I had a shrine to Celes that was awful and mostly opinion pieces and stuff but it made me feel nice getting it all together.)
Aww, I hope you can bring this back someday. You know, most shrines these days are basically a collection of opinion pieces, anyway!
She's on my list of things to do. As well as a ton of the aforementioned jRPG stuff. ;D I just have to... stop being lazy. I'm thinking of waiting on my new domain to rejigger things.