Somewhere Only We Know

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

Re: Somewhere Only We Know

Post by Todd »

Aw, thanks, guys! I'm glad you like my use of color. Dubious - teal and orange go great together. :D
Sarah wrote:It looks wonderful, Todd! I too am really digging the color scheme. :) I like that you relate the colors to the character's personality; I try to do that, too.
That's awesome you do that too! I sometimes worry that I think too much about the little things like that. I try to make almost all aspects of the layout reflect the character. I even opted to put Edward's two-headed coin and Figaro castle in the background instead of using another random picture of Sabin there because I feel like it's more important/relevant.
Michelle wrote:I think a lighter layout works better for the character too! Not that the last layout was anything short of awesome, though.
Thanks! Sabin is hella fun. I liked the last layout when I first made it, but back then (2010ish) I was in a monochrome phase. These days I try to splash color everywhere I can, even on darker layouts.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I like the new layout, it's lighter and brighter like Sabin. I really adore the Figaro Twins. I also like the coin there. I feel the layout suits Sabin. Great job, Todd!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really like it! (It's easier for me to read with these colors) I am definitely going to have to go through it and enjoy it again! :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

Awesome to hear! Easier to read is good. :) Thanks, Destinie!
Saya

Post by Saya »

Wah, I love the layout, I really like the way you made it! Awesome job!
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thank you, Saya!