At the gates of death

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
SnowRayjah

Re: At the gates of death

Post by SnowRayjah »

Dubs, I still feel silly and a little bad about it. I know it's such a cool affect! I don't think that a slower option would help me out (I get motion sick over the smallest things like this). It might help for others though! I think for the majority of people that this would be most helpful. I know for my part, the better option would be to have a button that could stop the scrolling.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

No, it's okay! Don't feel bad about it. I can absolutely sympathize with your problem - I'm actually almost legally blind, so in my daily browsing I have to use Firebug a lot to alter the appearance of sites I visit. For example, low contrast text is invisible for me. You have no idea how many times I've wished for sites that use that sort of stuff to just have a button to give me a designer-approved higher-contrast version!

I thought I had the scrolling set to slow enough to not give trouble, but mine was more so of a guess since motion sickness is a feeling that is completely alien to me. Your feedback is actually really important, and yeah, I hadn't thought about just having a button to stop it to be 100% sure. It should be pretty easy to implement, so don't worry. :D

[Edit: Done! Now you can stop the bg. :D]
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It looks absolutely amazing Dubs! When I first checked it I thought the layout was giving me motion sickness but it isn't now so I think that was just a side effect of me feeling absolutely horrible earlier. I think though I'm more interested in watching it move than anything else. It looks so cool. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Thank you Dubs, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and empathy! <3 I think the slow motion scrolling was probably good for the majority of people (I get motion sickness pretty easily, so, I'm a minority case). I'm thankful I didn't cause you troubles, and as a visitor I appreciate your welcome-ness for feedback (and implementing something for it).

I love the colors in the artwork, and now that I can pause it, I can absorb so much more of it!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Crystal: Ah whew! Thank you :)

Snow: Still, the fix was so easy and it doesn't have any other repercussions, so don't worry at all :D
Thank you again :D