Sonic the Hedgehog!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Sonic the Hedgehog!

Post by Todd »

Varen and I were discussing Sonic on AIM and we CANNOT BELIEVE there is no topic for it here, yet!

Who is your favorite character from the Sonic Universe? What is your favorite game?

Knuckles is my favorite character. My favorite game is Sonic Adventure...
Cherri

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog!

Post by Cherri »

I haven't played a lot of Sonic games. And the only one I clearly remember playing had Tails in it. But I couldn't play as Tails, only Sonic. First time I got to be player 1 was in that game because Snow could play as Sonic. Oh and in Donkey Kong but that's a totally different game so we'll leave that alone. And I think my favorite would be Sonic the Hedgehog 2 because of Tails and it's the only one I remember. And I'm not sure if that's actually the title.

So Tails is my favorite. And I like Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

To be honest, I've never finished a Sonic game.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I am partial to Tails. XD No particular reason. I just like him.
And call me old but my favorite will always be the first game :B
Todd

Post by Todd »

I like Tails a lot too. My second favorite game would probably be Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It was all around great.
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

OH SONIC! I spend so many hours at my neighbor's house playing the games on the Sega Genesis. I will be cliched and go with Sonic as my favorite character. I'm a sucker for main characters. :) My favorite game in the franchise is Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
anon

Post by anon »

I've only played Sonic Advance 2 and it was like one stage. The game's not really my thing: it's very fast-paced and there are so many paths to choose from so I often get confused. Cream is cute though. And Knuckles is so badass.

All this talk reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjVeN70e-fc (slightly NSFW)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I played Sonic 1-3. I liked Tails and Knuckles a lot. I haven't played any since then.

I used to watch the old cartoon all the time. "Hey, Tails, let's go get some chilli dogs!"
Varen

Post by Varen »

I'm probably a minority in this, but I actually have been more of a fan of the 3D games than I have of the 2D games. Yes, I know that they had a LOT of downfalls (I'm looking at you, 06), but I prefer the more narrative, character-influencing parts of the games than just good gameplay.

My favorite is Sonic Adventure 2, mainly because it was my first, and also because it is one of the few clever games that excellently use the whole "Second Side Story" without simply re-using the same cutscenes/stages like most games do. For an "evil me" plot, I think it also managed to do pretty well for a Sonic game.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I played Sonic 1, 2 and 3, didn't get too far on any of them due to lack of patience (ironically), they were emus. There was also another Sonic game, I forget what it was called, it was on a CD for the PC and it had anime cut scenes. I got stuck in a part where Sonic had to race a robot sonic while dodging things being thrown at him. I couldn't both survive and win the race and I gave up after a while, didn't really try very hard.
anon

Post by anon »

Mikari wrote:I played Sonic 1, 2 and 3, didn't get too far on any of them due to lack of patience (ironically), they were emus. There was also another Sonic game, I forget what it was called, it was on a CD for the PC and it had anime cut scenes. I got stuck in a part where Sonic had to race a robot sonic while dodging things being thrown at him. I couldn't both survive and win the race and I gave up after a while, didn't really try very hard.
I think it was called "Sonic the Hedgehog CD."