Sonic the Hedgehog!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog!

Post by Destinie »

I played Sonic 1-3. I liked Tails and Knuckles a lot. I haven't played any since then.

I used to watch the old cartoon all the time. "Hey, Tails, let's go get some chilli dogs!"
Varen

Post by Varen »

I'm probably a minority in this, but I actually have been more of a fan of the 3D games than I have of the 2D games. Yes, I know that they had a LOT of downfalls (I'm looking at you, 06), but I prefer the more narrative, character-influencing parts of the games than just good gameplay.

My favorite is Sonic Adventure 2, mainly because it was my first, and also because it is one of the few clever games that excellently use the whole "Second Side Story" without simply re-using the same cutscenes/stages like most games do. For an "evil me" plot, I think it also managed to do pretty well for a Sonic game.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I played Sonic 1, 2 and 3, didn't get too far on any of them due to lack of patience (ironically), they were emus. There was also another Sonic game, I forget what it was called, it was on a CD for the PC and it had anime cut scenes. I got stuck in a part where Sonic had to race a robot sonic while dodging things being thrown at him. I couldn't both survive and win the race and I gave up after a while, didn't really try very hard.
anon

Post by anon »

Mikari wrote:I played Sonic 1, 2 and 3, didn't get too far on any of them due to lack of patience (ironically), they were emus. There was also another Sonic game, I forget what it was called, it was on a CD for the PC and it had anime cut scenes. I got stuck in a part where Sonic had to race a robot sonic while dodging things being thrown at him. I couldn't both survive and win the race and I gave up after a while, didn't really try very hard.
I think it was called "Sonic the Hedgehog CD."
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Joe wrote:I think it was called "Sonic the Hedgehog CD."
lol XD How could I forget a name like that? Was it supposed to be based on one of the Genesis games? I didn't get far on those so I can't really compare.

There was also Spinball, fun game ^^ though I only ever got to the second stage... I was decent at Windows Pinball, but Sonic wouldn't cooperate with me.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I'm not a huge fan of the 2D games. I was more exposed to the games and enjoyed them in Sonic Adventure. I played the crap out of that on my smexy Dreamcast. It remains my favorite Sonic game to date. I played SA2 and recently now I got Sonic Generations which is hella gorgeous on an hdtv.

Sonic got me exposed to the concept of fandom. I have a few characters that even though I don't use them anymore, are really close to me since I created them at a young age. I role played in a group and those were some of the best times. The sonic fandom is still there... trying to hold onto existence... not working well enough though lol.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!