Kirby!

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Kirby!

Post by dubiousdisc »

Joe wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:In terms of characters, Meta Knight. Meta Knight is a cool guy. Also a lot of the small enemies, most importantly the Waddle Dees and the Waddle Doos. Oh also the Wheelie :D Another thing I like in Kirby is how, even with all the cute art and stuff, it does have its WHAAAT moments, such as the Battle Windows and, oh god, the Mike ability. It's mostly useless to me but I always get it just to see PUNK KIRBY
I LOVE the mic ability too!! It's a shame it only lasts for three uses. It's always fun to see Kirby scream every time he uses it and his outfit changes each time! :) And yeah, there are a lot of points in Kirby games where I felt like there was an acid trip, particularly in the final boss levels.

Meta Knight is awesome! My brother always plays at him when we co-op Return to Dreamland. I kind of miss Gooey though. I feel like Meta Knight "replaced" him as the default team partner along with Dedede because he's more popular and has a more developed personality whereas Gooey just seemed... there (and a little more simple-minded than Kirby).

Also I love the Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos. They are so adorable and it gets to the point that sometimes I don't want to attack them. In Epic Yarn the Waddle Dees run away from you in the haunted house levels or whenever you're a UFO... and there are cute harmless Waddle Dees sleeping together underneath a tree in Flower Field and you have the option to just kill them or let them be. Funny thing is one time I was pointing out to my brother, "That's a Waddle Doo!" and he's like, "Why isn't it a Waddle Dee?" "... because it's a Waddle DOO!"

My other favorite enemies are Poppy Bros. Jr. and Sir Kibble, because they're the only ones I remember the names of.
Marx. Marx scares me every time he appears.

Yeah I usually avoid attacking the Waddle Dees because, honestly, what have they even done to me D: there's not even any benefit in hurting them ;_;
Also whenever in the Meta Knight storylines there's the battle with the bandana Waddle Dee I break down because HE'S SO DEFENSELESS ;_;

Sir Kibble :D ah and also all the knight-type enemies, so adorable. One of the things I really liked in KSS/U is that you could have any helper, and that Meta Knight could call one of his smaller knights as a buddy, it was kinda heartwarming that even in his *path of loneliness* he could still call a friend :D

In terms of special abilities, let me also mention the horrendous cruelty that is the Cook ability.
anon

Post by anon »

Dude, Kirby has always struck me as some sort of sociopath! He's happy even though he's eating up other enemies, and has a pretty black-and-white viewpoint of the world. :( If you play Return to Dreamland on the Wii, you can play as bandana Waddle Dee!! :D

I saw someone co-op Super Star and it looked like fun! I think it's unfortunate that the game is wired so that Player 1 has to stay alive at all times in order to progress with the level. Yeah, Kirby's the main character but it's not like Meta Knight/Dedede/whoever can kick the enemies' behinds when he's not around!

Also I love Whispy Woods and when he cries after I beat him I kind of feel bad, haha.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I know I have played a Kirby game before. I'm pretty sure it was Kirby's Dreamland, because it was for the Game Boy and I recognize the cover art for it. I must have enjoyed it because I was always borrowing it from my cousin. (The game was hers; we both had Game Boys and would trade games with each other so we'd have different stuff to play.) Kirby is so cute and blobby, hehe. I'd love to play some more of his games, but as usual, my lack of certain gaming systems prevents it. =_=
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I love Kirby! Myfavorites are Nightmare in Dreamland and Super Star/Deluxe (and its remakes, it's got a few).