Wii U

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Wii U

Post by Todd »

Who has one? Who is getting one?

I have one! It's awesome.

I'm Figaro on there. Feel free to add me. :)
anon

Re: Wii U

Post by anon »

So I heard that one guy Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson is the first guy to buy the Wii U... after he was the first person to buy the Nintendo 3DS, haha.

Advice on getting Nintendo consoles is that you should get it a year after its first release, because that's when the flagship/good games come out. I like the tablet function but I don't think it's going to be as revolutionary as the motion controls of the Wii. My brother thinks it's going to flop, especially since gaming trends have headed over to mobile platforms like cell phones and Nintendo doesn't think to shift their development to there.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Nintendo strategized differently with the Wii U. In a conference with GameStop managers they told me they are hitting the system hard in its first year with titles they know will sell... They launched it with Super Mario Wii U which is huge! It's also hosting third party games competitively like COD and Assassin's Creed, which looks amazing.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Since the Wii has been out now, and you work with Gamestop, how are sales so far? I kinda am going with Joe though, since I think I would wait until I know other games are going to be out. So far the only one I'm interested in is Bayonetta 2 and whatever new Zelda game is coming out, but they won't be released for a while. I don't want to be one of those Mega Man Legends 3 dudes who bought a 3DS solely for the game only to find out it wasn't going to released in the end. XD
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
anon

Post by anon »

Todd wrote:Nintendo strategized differently with the Wii U. In a conference with GameStop managers they told me they are hitting the system hard in its first year with titles they know will sell... They launched it with Super Mario Wii U which is huge! It's also hosting third party games competitively like COD and Assassin's Creed, which looks amazing.
Oh, that's a good thing, then! :) My brother's been feeding me with tons of stories about how Nintendo hasn't been good with third party games (i.e. a lot of third party Wii games sucked). If they're having big name games be cross compatible with their console, that's good for them! :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Varen wrote:Since the Wii has been out now, and you work with Gamestop, how are sales so far? I kinda am going with Joe though, since I think I would wait until I know other games are going to be out. So far the only one I'm interested in is Bayonetta 2 and whatever new Zelda game is coming out, but they won't be released for a while. I don't want to be one of those Mega Man Legends 3 dudes who bought a 3DS solely for the game only to find out it wasn't going to released in the end. XD
Sales are awesome right now. We just don't have enough allocated. :( So basically, you have to have it preordered to get one. If one becomes available, we have to call customers from a Wii U wait list in the order they were added... and give them 48 hours to pick it up.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I don't foresee myself getting one, TBH. I know they are planning a Starfox title for WiiU but I'm a little burnt since they never released one for the Wii. Rawr. Also, I don't really like how it has so many things going on. It's a game pad, and a tablet, and a touch screen, and motion controls, and a kitchen sink OMG. D:

However, this could all change in a year or so after its been out for a while. I did JUST buy my Wii last year, though. :E
Saya

Post by Saya »

With the fact that I always buy consoles like ages later when they come, due to the fact that they are really expensive for me, I will say, while I really want it, I'll have to wait till I have money, and aside if KH3 comes out for ps3, then ps3 has priority for me.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
anon

Post by anon »

Todd wrote:
Varen wrote:Since the Wii has been out now, and you work with Gamestop, how are sales so far? I kinda am going with Joe though, since I think I would wait until I know other games are going to be out. So far the only one I'm interested in is Bayonetta 2 and whatever new Zelda game is coming out, but they won't be released for a while. I don't want to be one of those Mega Man Legends 3 dudes who bought a 3DS solely for the game only to find out it wasn't going to released in the end. XD
Sales are awesome right now. We just don't have enough allocated. :( So basically, you have to have it preordered to get one. If one becomes available, we have to call customers from a Wii U wait list in the order they were added... and give them 48 hours to pick it up.
IIRC when Nintendo presented the Wii U at E3 this year, stocks for them fell. I wonder if they're able to pick it back up.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Heh, reminds me of when the Wii first came out. My parents had to preorder it and even by Christmas, they simply just gave the pre-order card to us to let us know that it was coming. XD

I don't necessarily think it will flop, but it will definitely not be as good sales-wise to the Wii. Then again, I thought the same with the 3DS, and yet, it managed to outsell the original DS, from what I heard.

Have you played any games on it? Are they good? I saw a demo for that new Rayman game on Gamestop once... It warmed my heart how happy the little boy was playing it. The mother even asked what game it was for her to buy for him.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again