Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Amassment-sponsored challenges, marathons and activities past and present. Join in on the fun today!
Varen

Re: Amassment Events Feedback & Suggestions

Post by Varen »

I kinda wish we can do an official Pokemon one too, maybe to celebrate X/Y's Fall release. I think Destinie ran it herself last time, but it wasn't an Amassment event. And I honestly wished I could have participated! I have many Pokemon I easily want to work on.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Varen- I'd love to run PokéThon again. :3 That was fun. Some people who weren't in Amassment even participated, that was cool!
Todd

Post by Todd »

The specific ones are tough. I'm fine with doing more specific marathons like that if we have other stuff for members to participate in as well, so those who aren't into Pokemon don't feel left out. I agree though! Another Pokethon would be so awesome! I'd participate. If we can figure out a way to do it, let's do it!
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

@Snow Yes, we already run a minor character marathon, last summer if I recall correctly…but that won't stop us from repeating it XD The same goes for other marathons held in the past.

@Destinie Shrine swap is awesome! The only difficulty would be to pairing all the participants since people have different tastes and it may be not so easy to catch up with a subject you don't know, but…it sounds so cool *_* Couldn't we extend it to general contributions to include things like fanart/icons/wallpapers or fanfics? Fan-made content in shrines is usually very limited so this could be a great way to boost it!

I think we have enough on our plate by now, but here's a couple more ideas. I first thought about a robot marathon, but that could fit in the non-human characters marathon so another point for the non-human marathon from me XD I also have idea #2: old school shrine marathon. New games come out all the time and it's easier to focus on them rather than pick a game that was made 10 years ago. It could be a way to let people discover new games and, for those seasoned gamers on the forum, replay a game they haven't touched in a long time (I have very fond memories of the first videogames I played!). It would be nice to give spotlight to some obscure or not so well-known games.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I'D BE SO INTO A CLASSIC GAMING MARATHON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

dubiousdisc wrote:I'D BE SO INTO A CLASSIC GAMING MARATHON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA
I'd be in for sure! Not sure what I would do yet, but I would love to participate. I think this is an awesome idea! :D
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Samantha wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote:I'D BE SO INTO A CLASSIC GAMING MARATHON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA
I'd be in for sure! Not sure what I would do yet, but I would love to participate. I think this is an awesome idea! :D
I have to third this as I tend to be nostalgia tripping. I also tend to play fewer new games so this would be much easier for me. <3
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Can we do Classic Game Marathon, please? ^-^ I'm getting ideas for it like anybodies business.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Cherri wrote:Can we do Classic Game Marathon, please? ^-^ I'm getting ideas for it like anybodies business.
DUDE I love this idea!! :O
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

@dubiousdisc, @Samantha, @SnowRayjah, @Cherri @Destinie Thanks for your feedback guys! It's great to see I'm not alone, I love old school/classic games…even if they are all pixel-ish! Also, I don't have much money/time to buy/play new games so I kinda have to rely on the old ones XD.

In my mind this would be a big marathon, like our current Paperback marathon so we may not have enough time to run it this year (no need to worry, though…we have many other awesome things planned!). I will add to our events ideas thread so we don't forget about it :)

If any of you have other ideas feel free to share them!
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.