Fire Emblem

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Cherri

Fire Emblem

Post by Cherri »

I figured it would be okay to make a topic for Fire Emblem. I mean there wasn't one before. Let's see....which have you played? Got a favorite? Support conversations? Also new Fire Emblem in March. What are your thoughts and stuff. I'm sorry I don't really know where I'm going with this.

I've played Rekka no Ken (the one with Lyn, Hector and Eliwood), Shadow Dragon (Marth but I'm stuck and haven't finished)....um oh Sacred Stones (Ephriam and Erika). Then I've watched Snow play all of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

And go?
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Re: Fire Emblem

Post by Crystal »

Cherri you totally read my mind. I was totally thinking of opening a Fire Emblem topic. <3

Let's see... I've played Fire Emblem, The Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Shadow Dragon. I also own Radiant Dawn but hadn't been able to play it because I didn't own a Wii (but I do now so I have no excuse not to play it lol). Fire Emblem and Path of Radiance are my favorites hands down. Least favorite would be Shadow Dragon. While it is fun I hate the lack of Support Conversations (my favorite thing about all the games) and that you have to let so many characters die just to advance to certain parts of the story. :/ The Sacred Stones is cool to but I felt it was made a little too easy by being able to level your characters as much as you wanted without fear of letting other units suffer.

Also, my favorite characters would include Lyn (obviously lol), Hector, Eliwood, Florina, Ephraim, Eirika, L'Arachel, Ike, Soren, Reyson, and Micaiah. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can really think of at the moment. >.<

I'm super excited for the new Fire Emblem coming out in March. I seriously cannot wait. I've read up some stuff on it and it looks pretty neat!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!

I've played Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and I've seen a lot of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Favorite is of course 7 and I honestly love ALL characters in that game, there's not one that I hate in there ;w; Guess my favorites would have to be...Lyn, Hector, Matthew, Kent, Sain, Lucius, Raven, Erk, Serra, okay, might as well say all of them, lol

Oh god I just researched stuff about the new Fire Emblem and sorry, the art style still turns me so off that I can't bear to look at it ;_; like the last time I looked at it I am overcome by the urge to draw the returning characters as a means of saying sorry...
What the hell happened with that DLC? Why is every character in a different style?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Why is Eirika a fucking BRIDE, most importantly?
;_;
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Yay! I figured you would make it, if I hadn't done it first. ^-^ Shadow Dragon is hard for me. I'm in the chapter with Minerva and Maria (Marie, not sure). Gotta split my army into two. >.> Sacred Stones was easy but I managed to get all the supports for the first time ever. I have a hard time with strategy games.

Oh I never listed my favorites. I like Hector, Uther, Louise, Heath, Rath, Lloyd, Florina, Raven, Lucius, Karel, Nino, Jaffar, Uhai, Cormag, Ephraim, Knoll, Glen, Joshua, Ewan, Amilia, Ike, Soren, Stefan, Tibarn, Reyson, Geoffrey, Navarre, and um there are a lot more. But I just wanted to name a few from the games. I do have characters that I cannot stand like Priscilla but I won't go into that.

Snow's been doing most of the research on the new Fire Emblem. I'm not fond of the art style either. I mean Ike looks like a little kid again. And I like Elincia's original armor. I'm mostly jazzed about the returning characters and the character creator for the tactician. That was one of my favorite things about Rekka no Ken.
;o; *** pew! pew!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Finally getting around to this. Curse you school! (cough)

Anyways, FIRE EMBLEM! ;w; I have played every Fire Emblem released in the US. My favorite games are probably Rekka no Ken, Radiant Dawn, and Path of Radiance. Honestly, Radiant Dawn was the reason we got a Wii. xD I was so adamant about having to finish it! It was the first Wii game we got other than Wii fit – but I played it obsessively because I read you could actually have Tibarn in your party as a regular unit. :heart: Well worth my [s]love[/s] time and money. HE IS UNSTOPPABLE.

I’m actually not too fond of Shadow Dragon, though I don’t mind the art style totally. I preferred the other art styles better though. I actually really do enjoy everyone I play so it’s hard to really pick a favorite. Though Rekka no Ken holds a special place in my heart for being the first one I played. And the Radiant series gets in the top list because Tibarn is that awesome. Plus as far as derpy leads go, Ike is amazing.

Let’s see my favorites by game (to help organize!)
Rekka no Ken: Heath, Hector, Linus, Florina, Lucius, Raven, Legault, Uther, Pent, Louise, Erk, Rath, Vaida
Sacred Stones: Glen, Cormag, Ephiram, L'Arachel, Gerik, Saleh, Joshua
Radiant: Tibarn, Ike, Reyson, Haar, Stefan, Volk, Sigrun, Shinon, Janaff, Ulki, Soren, Naesala (but don’t tell Tibarn because he’ll be mad. D; ), Geoffrey
Shadow Dragon: Ogma, Camus, Navarre, Nagi, Michalis

As if it’s not painfully apparent, I’m a fan of Wyvern riders. xD Picked one out in every game. ;w;

Dubs, as far as your spoiler tag goes. THANK YOU.

Cherri, you forgot the Desert Tiger. REPENT. D:<
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Man, I suddenly remembered the one time I skipped school because I was too busy playing Blazing Sword fghjk
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I'm rePENTing. Hur hur. See what I did there? And yeah I did forget Garrick.

Duded, Dubs, that's awesome.

I would stay up all night playing fire emblem and end up waking up in the afternoon. Those were the days, now I can hardly stay up pass nine.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaagh the more you mention characters and the more I remember that I like them all XD
Like, who's that I really dislike in FE7

NO ONE, THAT'S WHO

I used to be mostly meh towards Eliwood though because the first time I played his stats developed in the most terrible way and since you have to carry him around whether you want it or not I had to babysit him for a good half of the game because literally anything could kill him. Eliwood, lord of the toothpicks. Then I figured out that it was just that particular playthrough that made him a wimp and he's pretty okay as a character anyway, haha. Poor Eliwood.

Also - Fire Emblem frustrations: the fact that I can't find high resolution versions of the in-game artwork in 7. Does anyone know if the artist ever published the large versions? ;_;
Varen

Post by Varen »

Fire Emblem Telius is definitely my favorite of the bunch. There's just so much culture in the game, and it helps that it had a sequel to expand upon. I love the issues with the races, and all the political conflict in the majority of the two games' plot. The support conversations also really make you love each and every character, and that's why I refuse to actually let someone die. You feel like you're being robbed of getting to know them if you did. I especially love the Herons - such a cute way to make bird people somewhat angelic and holy.

Granted, the only other FE game I played was Sacred Stones though. XD I had the Ambassador Program, so it was my first attempt in playing the franchise.

@dubiousdisc There are so many things wrong with the new game that I don't even want to begin without getting so angry. The art style was only the minor reason why I hated it; some of the features just offend me more. Definitely not going to get it, or if I will, I'll get it used. >:(
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Varen: Hehe, I agree on the herons. I liked that they were herons and they didn't take the more obvious route of the dove as the holy bird of choice.
I looked at 13 a bit more closely the other day and
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the gross made me want to vomit. There's literally not a female character who isn't gross fanservice in gross poses...Then I discovered about the dating sim aspect of it. Looked at the artwork. The confession artwork...my god, there's so many things wrong with this that I don't know where to begin, but I feel offended in EVERY possible way D: That's where I stopped looking though because by that point I was basically frothing at the mouth and I needed to calm down. Is there...something more? *braces for impact*
In the end though I did actually draw some Fire Emblem fan art the other day. It's Lyn! It's fun to translate characters to different styles :P