Fire Emblem

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
SnowRayjah

Re: Fire Emblem

Post by SnowRayjah »

nyxmidnight wrote:So in the bus back to my parents' I played the demo of Fire Emblem Awakening twice. I think it's love. Is there anything I should know before getting or playing the game?
Just that it its particularly awesome!? Like Crystal, I have nothing but good reviews. XD; I would add, however, to play on whatever mode you'd like. The main purpose is to have fun and enjoy it!

EDIT:
Oh! You can also get as many supports with characters as you want up to A. When you get to S, characters will start getting married. It used to be that you could only do 5 supports total, but now you can just spam them. :D That's important, I think. xD
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Nyx: You can pretty much marry anyone. Um I don't really have anything to add. I'm still on chapter 8. I loved the demo but I seem to be having a hard time. I don't mix with tactics well but it's still enjoyable. Oh! I thought of something you can get previous Fire Emblem characters and your friends to join your army.

That's all I've got.
;o; *** pew! pew!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I have every intention to play on Normal-Casual. I don't have much time to play thanks to work, so I absolutely want my play time to be productive! I normally can't even understand SRPGs, but for some reason this one makes sense. As a crack shipper, I look forward to shipping everyone with everyone :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Yeah all 3 of my save files are normal/casual. I tried hard but I find it really hard to do. I may try again in the future but for now I'll leave it alone. Do note that you can only do male/female pairings and not like male/male or female/female pairings. But yeah, other than that the supports are probably one of my favorite parts about the game. I love finding out things about the characters that I didn't know before.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I kinda wish you could do some male/male or female/female. Might make it interesting. Not that it needs to have it or anything, just a thought. As some characters do have questionable relationships.

I like finding things out about the characters too through supports. Like in Sacred Stones, Marisa only sleeps on one side due to her dad training her and putting a sword behind her back while she slept. I find it interesting. And that Cormag loves cats.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I am playing 6 for the first time. Has anyone in here played that one?
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I did briefly but I never could get into it. No idea why.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

There's that the group of characters you start with is not as good or presented in a good way. Unlike 7, where you start with a small group that only grows to full size around chapter 10, in 6 you get a full party of characters very early. In 7, however, every character is properly introduced; in 6, most of them get only a few lines, so you don't even know why you're supposed to care about them. There are a few that I can appreciate now that I specifically went to spoil myself some support conversations, but there are also some of what are in my opinion the blandest characters ever.

Also, to make up for the fact that you start with double as many characters, they can't be very strong. This is another thing that I think it would have been less noticeable if I hadn't played 7 before - but coming from having a character like Hector that can basically chop through the entire map as soon as he appears, having most characters doing 2-4 damage several chapters past their first recruitment is weird and kind of frustrating. I have to remind myself that I need three to five units to finish a single enemy in the same turn, and there's a lot of missing going on.

I spoiled myself some characters who appear later and so far a lot of the later joins seem more interesting to me than a good part of the first group, so I guess I will see how that goes.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I haven't played it. But I heard some of my favorites from 7 are dead or they die in game and I'm like "lol nope!" Plus I think I've been spoiled by the later Fire Emblems. Though all this talk makes me want to revamp Honorbound.
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Yeaaaah it's rather depressing in that sense. I can see how it would have been much less bothersome to play 6 and then 7, but 7 and then 6 is just punching yourself in the face...

So far though I've found some characters that I rather like!
Chad and Lugh, whose relationship reminds me a lot of the main characters in Tekkonkinkreet, if anyone has watched that?
Rutger is badass and interesting. Dieck I wouldn't have put money on him, but then he turned out to be a badass and to have a hilarious personality. I'm playing the game with Denise and we both refer to him as Fanservice...Just look at that lovingly rendered artwork...
Dorothy is just great, and I there's a character in the next chapter that I'm expecting to love to pieces but I'll see.