photo blog!!

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

photo blog!!

Post by Megan »

So for awhile now I've been wanting to create a place to showcase my photography! I am not the best photographer in the world, and I've only had my Nikon D40 for the past 3 years, but I decided it might be fun to have a small section of my domain dedicated to my photos! I've split them up into a few sections. This photo blog will always update as I take more worthwhile photos. But everything has some photos in it as of now! Sections will be added as I have a bunch of photos to fit a new category.

Here it is : photo blog !

Feed backs/comments/opinions are all welcome! I really want to know what everyone thinks of the ideas/my photos! If you have any questions about a photo as well feel free to ask me!! Thanks guys! I'm really excited about this :3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Re: photo blog!!

Post by Destinie »

Your photos are so nice, thanks for sharing! =D I like how you have an entire section for cat pictures. HEHE. They're so photogenic, aren't they?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Real nice pictures! :D I especially like the nature ones. And PURPLE! yaay

My critiques are:
- you would probably need a button back to the index or something to that extent;
- you need some way to make it clear that the navigation is actually a navigation, no hovers and no changing mouse cursor with something that's the same color as everything else and actually looks like a subtitle is quite confusing;
- I can't read the index text. I can read it if the letter spacing is 1 instead of 2 px though, and/or you could break it in paragraphs.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Destinie - Thank you! Yes, I had to have a whole section for cats because I love taking photos of them! They are photogenic unless they are too hyper to sit still x3 My favorites! Thank you again!!

@dubiousdisc - Thank you! I took your critiques into consideration. I spaced the index page text out, changed it to 1px as well! I also put in a footer a previous home next link so that you can easily go back forward or home! I also emphasized even more where the navigation was as well! Thanks again for your thoughts :)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Yeah, it's much clearer now! :D Thank you :)
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

It looks lovely! And I really like your photos. :) The only thing I'd say is that it would be nice to be able to navigate to the next picture instead of having to close the window and go back and click the next one. Something like Lightbox rather than a full on gallery script or hand coding everything, I guess? It's not a big thing, I just like to go through photos sequentially.

And slightly off topic: omg, the aquarium in Atlanta! I was there in November, it's so amazing! :D Also your cats are adorable.
a spoony bard
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Emma - Thank you so much! Yeah, I need to figure out a more efficient way to sort through the photos. Thanks for the suggestions! I will check into it next time I have a lot of free time to fool around on the internet. :) Actually, those are photos from Philadelphia's Aquarium!! But, I heard that they were very similar actually... I think owned by the same people! I love Aquariums they are so neat :3
anon

Post by anon »

I already told you this but this photo gallery is stunning and looking great so far! I think the layout could be more expansive since computer resolutions are getting larger and larger these days but it looks fine if you don't change it. I totally love your animal and flower photos! I hope you can come out with more sky photos because the one you posted just now is gorgeous.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Joe - AW THANK YOU!! Yes, I will take more sky photos just for you! I'll have my camera ready over winter break to take more pictures. I'm just waiting for it to snow :/ the weather makes the ground look just dirty right now!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

It looks great, Megan! Makes me want to create a photo site of my own, lol. You take some nice pictures. I really love the ones of your dog, especially the one where it looks like he/she is smiling. :heh:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.