Pokemon X and Y

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by Destinie »

FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED. :C

New Pokemon Revealed so far: Vivilion (Butterfly) and Noivern (Bat thing?)
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Vivilion is cute! Probably super weak like Butterfree tho :<

The addition on the Fairy type is pretty cool, I hope it brings some more balance to the game.

I still don't know what starter to pick. I guess I'll wait to see what their evolutions look like.

I'm also ridiculously excited about character customization :D. I've been waiting for that forever.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I'm not sure I'll buy this game, I'll probably wait for walkthroughs online and then decide if I like it enough. I hated Black/White and didn't even bother playing Black2/White2. I guess I'd go for the fire starter (I love fire pokemon) and I do like the legendary that looks like a stag. I don't like the look of the new Eeveelution though.

Also, Fairy type beats Dragon?? This is hilarious and trolling at its finest. And why change the type of older pokemon to fit the new type? Weird.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I loved Black/White and Black 2/White 2. D: I'm definitely gonna get X/Y when they come out. :D

I think the fairy type sounds interesting. I'm really curious to see how it works out, and it beating dragon would make things more interesting. As it stands now dragon types are only weak against two types (ice and itself) and they're a pain to take down. Adding a new type it is weak against might make dragon types a little more easier to fight against.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Crystal wrote:As it stands now dragon types are only weak against two types (ice and itself) and they're a pain to take down. Adding a new type it is weak against might make dragon types a little more easier to fight against.
But that's the best thing about Dragon types! It makes sense that Dragon types should be hard to beat - they're dragons! Real dragons would be pretty tough to fight and obviously only a dragon has a chance against another dragon. (I love mythology and this makes perfect sense to me.) Also, for this same reason, having a Dragon type in your team is a great addition, they can beat any type and they generally have really high strength. I always have a Dragonite on my team for this reason.

Idk, this Fairy beats Dragon thing is just ridiculous. I guess it adds a bit more strategy... but it doesn't make any sense. At all. XD
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Actually Dragon types have never been too hard to beat, considering how many of them are Dragon/Flying or some other combination that causes them to be x4 weak to Ice, which is a very common offensive type. So it doesn't really balance out anything.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Chibi: I suppose so. I just like balance but it seems to be a lot to ask for (I'm looking at you World of Warcraft!). I will admit though that the dragon type being weak against fairy type does seem kinda weird. I'm not even sure how that works.

@dubiousdisc: I think it could just be my team composition that makes them seem hard to beat to me. I generally keep a fire, water, flying, grass/electric (it switches depending on the version and what's available), psychic, and another type which I can't seem to remember right now in my team, which causes me to never have an ice type pokemon or ability in my party which puts me at a disadvantage a good deal of the time.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

@dubiousdisc: I'm the same as Crystal. I usually have these types on my team: fire or fire/fighting, water, flying (I need to be able to fly from town to town), grass/electric, dark (that will be my Umbreon) and usually dragon. Sometimes I'll have a psychic for a little while or even a steel/fighting if I can get Lucario (which I have in Platinum). Out of all these, maybe only my Gyarados will know an ice attack. So Dragon types are usually hard to beat for me. Idk, for one reason or another I never have an ice type on my team.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Dubious I have to agree, esp. since I usually play with a Sneasel or Gyarados on my team. It would really only balance anything out if Normal-types were super effective against them. *still hoping*
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I suppose it can be a matter of team but really, all you need to have is someone with an Ice-type move (which is useful for other things too, so it's not like it'd be taking up space) and that is really all. They are actually pretty weak once you have that.

Now on the other hand I understand all the adjustments and the Dark type in generation 2 considering how Psychic types used to be straight out unbeatable...but Dragon is really a non-issue once you know that. I guess they just wanted to add pink ribbons to things.