Thank you, Amy Marie (R.I.P.)!!

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
anon

Thank you, Amy Marie (R.I.P.)!!

Post by anon »

As some of you may know, Amy Marie of alexiel.net, a member of our community, was suddenly diagnosed with adrenal cancer since the middle of last year. It was a rare type of cancer that spread to her lungs and had a 25-35% survival rate. It was shocking to see this happen so suddenly to a woman who had a lot to live for, like continuing her studies of Chinese. The 8th of this month would have been her birthday.

Not too long ago she bid us farewell on the forums, and for those who are wondering what happened to her, I'm afraid I have terrible news to give: she died on November 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM. Amy's family has decided to leave her domain alexiel.net up.

I'd like to thank Amy for all that she has done for this community and my condolences go to her loved ones. It hurts to see her life cut so tragically short. Amy was a very kind woman who was more than an inspiration to many, a longtime shrine maker, and a frequent participant of our events: she was also very understanding, creative, and determined.

Thank you and goodbye, Amy. Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Crystal

Re: Thank you, Amy Marie (R.I.P.)!!

Post by Crystal »

I was deeply saddened to hear this. :( I just pray that she has found peace.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Amy was definitely a figure we'll deeply miss. Aside from her web designing abilities and her passion for her fansites, she was a very sweet person and had a lot of ambition. She was always planning ahead, never stopping in her tracks no matter the obstacle. Seeing the eventual turmoil from her diagnosis to her departure deeply depressed me - I don't think I would ever have the courage to even write what she wrote to everyone.

Rest in peace, Amy Marie and I hope you are finally free from pain. ;_;
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

Amy was an inspirational person - I was very much saddened to hear about her passing in November. Rest in peace, Amy... You'll be remembered and missed greatly.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I still can't believe that all of this happened so fast. I can't imagine how it must have been for her.
She will be sorely missed.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I had no idea that anything was happening to her at all... I admired her domain and her work from afar. I hope that she rests in peace as well. :( This is very terrible to hear.
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I remember making Amy MOTM here, because of all of her support, and just her passion around shrines and the community. I didn't know her personally, but interacted with her on LJ, and followed her website updates, and she was always so nice and full of passion for everything she cared about.

It's so weird that she's gone.

I'm going to miss her presence around here and online in general.
earthy

Post by earthy »

Crazy late to this party, but I just realized this had happened when I returned to Amassment recently after a long hiatus. I only knew Amy from afar, but she was fantastic, and I loved her sites. Am definitely sending so much love to her friends and family and all who knew her.