Inventive Shrines

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Inventive Shrines

Post by Destinie »

dubiousdisc wrote: I do think there's a lot of things that haven't been tried yet, especially since the technologies that can be used in websites change and evolve. Remember how back in the day just having ROLLOVER BUTTONS was a wow thing? XD Now we can have videos and animations and whatever you want, and who is to say that they should just be used as part of the layout and not as content?
OMG I remember when I thought that was the coolest thing since sliced bread! I used roll-overs on everyyyyttthiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng. And the falling petals/snowflakes/feathers thing.

But I like what you said about videos and animations. What if someone explored in doing a video instead of a written essay to do analysis on a character? What if your entire shrine was made out of videos? That would actually be kind of cool because it could be like a book on tape! You could listen to your favorite shrines will you're doing something else, like designing or surfing the web.

HMM!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

That would be an awesome idea that no one has tried as far as I know. Or even, one could make a site that has interactive puzzles and games that would display content only when solved. Something I want to make at some point (probably with one of my Quake pages) is to have the information about the character's outfit and design be displayed by hovering their body parts as if you were viewing their blueprints, for example.

THERE IS SO MUCH TO EXPLORE!!!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I TOTALLY WANTED TO DO THE PUZZLE/GAME THING! I had that planned for a shrine to Blaine (that I may do...eventually!) But I was planning on having different riddles and once you solved the riddle it would take you to the sections with content. (And I was planning on doing the riddles from the anime so one could watch the episode to get the answers.)

The blueprint idea is really sweet! I'd like to see that! :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

If you ever do make that site...please, I want to see that! :D