Testing

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Destinie

Testing

Post by Destinie »

Just out of curiosity- Does anyone here test their designs in multiple browsers? What browsers do you usually optimize for?

I usually test on Chrome and FireFox for my personal sites but if it's something I know more people will be accessing I'll do IE8 as well. (Since a large population of older web users still rely on IE.)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Testing

Post by dubiousdisc »

As for what concerns fansites, I build starting from Firefox and then make sure it also works in Chrome, but I take care to check that's not completely inaccessible in IE. At this point I don't care too much if it's a bit uglier as long as the content is all there. But yeah, if it's a site that Old People will be visiting, I might give it a more thorough check in IE. By principle, I don't bother with IE6 anymore though. At this point it's like checking that it works on VHS, man, upgrade to anything else, really...

I also do a check in Opera just because; no one really uses it anymore but I do know a couple people who do, so...
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

I usually begin to test my sites in Firefox because that's the browser I use, at least most of the time. If everything works fine I then move onto Chrome, Safari and Opera. I don't have IE on my computer so I rely on IE simulators to check if the site looks good (or if I'm not lazy I ask my mum to check on her PC ;)).
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I optimize for Firefox but I'll test them in IE to as it is the only other browser I have (and hate using but meh).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Sometimes, I do. I would test it on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I'm a Mac user so I really don't care for IE. XD;; I said goodbye to IE when I got my MacBook a year ago ;P However, just to make sure it's okay on a PC, I would check it via Chrome on my HP laptop.