Sherlock Holmes

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
earthy

Re: Sherlock Holmes

Post by earthy »

Delayed response is delayed: I have loved Sherlock Holmes since I was in middle school (we won't talk about how long ago that was!). One of my first-ever fansites was all about Sherlock Holmes--the original stories, pastiches, different movie/TV versions, background on Arthur Conan Doyle, the works. My favorite part was an essay I wrote called "Why Watson Is Not An Idiot," which has sadly been lost in the sands of time.

Am definitely working on new Sherlock Holmes and John Watson fansites for multiple versions of the characters and possibly a blog reviewing different versions/pastiches as well.

I'm also the second-in-command for a Sherlock Holmes con called Sherlock Seattle (http://www.sherlock-seattle.org)--come check us out this Oct. for our second year, if you're so inclined! ^.^

Personal favs are the original stories, BBC version, Granada series, and Russian version.

{/fangirl squee}
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Earthy OMG that's awesome! I love Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writing, so I am hoping to ~eventually~ make it through all these books and get to the complete SH collection. I like the classic icon of Sherlock Holmes a lot. Your essay sounds really intriguing and I would have loved to read it! ;_;

Also, that Sherlock site is fantastic! I love how it's for fans of all the SH reincarnations. :D
earthy

Post by earthy »

@Destinie: LOL I'm sure "Why Watson Is Not An Idiot" will exist again in some form in the near future, as my Extreme Watson Feels require me to revisit over and over just what a BAMF he is when written well (see in particular: Martin Freeman, Vitaly Solomin, Lee Shackleford's Holmes & Watson--http://gulliver.cc/full-length-scripts/ ... and-watson). ^.^

Meantime, enjoy your romp through the original stories + any other versions that strike your fancy! These are fantastic characters who deserve all the love in the world. And the various fandoms, when not being annoying and stupid (as fandoms sometimes are, unfortunately) are super fantastic. ♥