Scarred and Tea with a Dragon live again!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
earthy

Scarred and Tea with a Dragon live again!

Post by earthy »

About five million years ago I had these Zuko and Iroh shrines, and at long last, they're (more or less) back!

Scarred: http://www.story-girl.net/scarred Basically functional and will probably remain static, pending massive character updates from the next season of Korra.

Tea with a Dragon: http://www.story-girl.net/tea Layout is full of ugly, but the content is functional. Once I get some bugs fixed, this'll go static as well, possibly with a new, brief note about Iroh v.2 of Korra fame, what little we've got of him so far....

And I'm working on making my new domain a hospitable place, too, but it doesn't exist yet. When it does, you'll find it at a very minor variation of my old one: http://www.story-girl.net. There will be new sites shortly.

That is all. Thank you for your time! ^_^
Destinie

Re: Scarred and Tea with a Dragon live again!

Post by Destinie »

Aw, so great to see your sites back! :) I loved Tea with a Dragon!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Glad to see them back! I missed them :)
earthy

Post by earthy »

Aw, I'm glad people are enjoying them! ^_^ I think the less sucktastic design for Tea is up now, and there are just a few other odds and ends to take care of before I move onto other things. I'm super rusty on design and fansites in general, so please let me know if you think there are layout or content things that could be improved.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm glad you're making a comeback! Your sites look great. :)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Those look great. I love the layouts (always wanted to make one that looks like Scarred's layout, like the style but can't figure it out). ^-^ I however know next to nothing when it comes to Avatar: The Last Airbender. T-T You did great!
;o; *** pew! pew!
earthy

Post by earthy »

@Todd: Yay, thanks for checking them out! ^_^

@Cherri @012789: It's basically just a PHP include with a header that has an image map for the links. I'm not sure you even necessarily need to do it in PHP in order to get the same effect. If you've got Photoshop, you can do image maps pretty easily with Image Ready. Otherwise I think there are other programs (maybe even some free ones?) that'll make the code/link areas for you. Feel free to steal my code and take a look!

P.S. Avatar is good fun; go try it out! ^.^
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Earthy: Thank you! I'll try it sometime. Not even noon and I feel burnt out. Anyway, I'll try that coding and layout style later. I will also try to check out Avatar. It looks good and I heard amazing things about it. I read through Scarred. Seems like a character I would like. Your writing is so good.
;o; *** pew! pew!
earthy

Post by earthy »

LOL Zuko is a fantastic dork. He'd be well worth watching the whole show even if the rest of it weren't also good. Also, Iroh. ♥

I'm also sure there are others who've done the layout thingy far better than I have--I'll see if I can find any other examples....

And thanks so much for the comment about my writing! :blush: I am working on the whole making-a-career-of-writing thing, so it's awesome to know someone enjoys it!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

earthy wrote:LOL Zuko is a fantastic dork. He'd be well worth watching the whole show even if the rest of it weren't also good. Also, Iroh. ♥

I'm also sure there are others who've done the layout thingy far better than I have--I'll see if I can find any other examples....

And thanks so much for the comment about my writing! :blush: I am working on the whole making-a-career-of-writing thing, so it's awesome to know someone enjoys it!
I love fantastic dorks. ^.^

Oh that would be spectacular and I think yours are great too. I'll look too, pirates board needs a new look.

You're welcome. I feel that you expressed everything very clearly. Makes me jealous cause I'm like "I like turtles" when it comes to writing. Good luck in your career with writing. I look forward to more of your writing.
;o; *** pew! pew!