Opening speeches

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Vii

Re: Opening speeches

Post by Vii »

Hmmm, I never designed the front page entirely as a sort of mockup except for with Believe, one of my fanlistings. It actually did make it easier to visualize everything and work out colors and such. Maybe I should start making it a part of all of my design processes...
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It does help ^^ than as I type pages I preview them on the layout.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

dubiousdisc wrote:
Camy wrote:Do you write this part before or after the rest of the content, or at the same time?
Before because I always put this sentence in Photoshop when I make the design so that I know how to style it beforehand (and it sometimes changes in the end). It's a good guide though!
I DO THIS TOO! *highfive*

I'm guilty of most of my introductions sounding quite similar...usually because I don't really know what to put there without spoiling things for people who may be unfamiliar with the subject. ;; (I tend to love characters for their growth or some deep past thing that isn't revealed right away). In a way I feel kind of relieved when I don't have them such as on my site for Yomi, though I do think they can be important.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Mikari wrote:@Camy: I design with my main page as a "preview" too, though only for the coding as I made the graphics separately on Gimp.
Samantha wrote:I DO THIS TOO! *highfive*
Yay other people who use it too 8D

I used to just code the design without even thinking of the content area and just code it to fit it (and the code I used was reused over and over and over and over-). It still went well but after I tried it after reading someone making the design all in Photoshop, along with the text.

Makes it so easy since you don't need to go back and forth again or trying to guess which color to use or what brushes to use to make the bold, italics, h1, h2, etc., Though, it's sometimes different with the font so I just used Verdana right off the bat since it's easy to read and then mess with the font face (web safe ones) in Dreamweaver, upload it, see if it looks good, blah.

[s]Geez, I type too much xD[/s]
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I use span for all text and format it with css. I space text with br and that's it, no p, no h1, just span classes with css. Make the imagines, select the colors from the layout images and that's it..

I use Verdana too!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I use dividers and also use CSS to style them. I use the p tag along with other mumbo jumbo xD

:D Verdana is so lovely~
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'll use Verdana on occasion but I tend to go with Arial. I don't know, it's just more... narrow I guess is the best way to describe it. Sometimes other fonts seem too wide for me. It's kind of a pet peeve, I guess xD
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol I use Arial or Georgia for main fonts. Depends on if I want a choppy or rounded look for my text.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I think I used Arial in one occasion... *checks* yes I did, but all the rest are Verdana.
Vii

Post by Vii »

Other fonts don't bother me when they're on someone else's site. Just... mine. I'm really weird.