Opening speeches

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Mikari

Re: Opening speeches

Post by Mikari »

After realizing I used something other than Verdana I was surprised. XD I had almost forgotten and had to check. I usually don't even notice the font beyond the title font on other sites.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'll find myself using Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Georgia, Century Gothic, Meiryo, Verdana, and Arial throughout my sites :x It really depends on the font size - Arial looks best to me large and Tahoma and Trebuchet MS look best to me small. These are opinions when working with my own sites, not when viewing anyone else's :)
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I guess I never really considered that many options before... but perhaps from now on I shall.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I just end up playing around with them to see what looks best :x
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I play with the title fonts a lot and usually end up searching for new ones using the "theme" as a keyword (fire, water, electric, magic, etc.)
Vii

Post by Vii »

I love playing with the title fonts~ I have my favorites, but I try to use a different font for each site :D I'm especially fond of handwritten fonts lately.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I use Arial too on occasions as well as Georgia (headers mostly), Impact, Trebuchet MS (which 4th Espada is currently using) and sometimes Courier New or Palatino. Depends on the layout and experimentation, especially with letter-spacing, word-spacing, and line-height properties in CSS.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I'm personally a fan of Arial narrow, especially for headings. :o

And Vii - yeah, actually, I know what you mean D: I guess it's the same thing as looking at a really beautiful drawing that you would never draw because it's not your style...
Vii

Post by Vii »

@Camy - yeah, it takes a lot of finagling to make it look perfect :)

@Twin - It's true! I'm like "I wish my handwriting was that pretty... -looks at font, looks at chicken scratch, looks back at font-"
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Vii wrote:@Twin - It's true! I'm like "I wish my handwriting was that pretty... -looks at font, looks at chicken scratch, looks back at font-"
It's the same for me XD but who needs hand writing anyway? bring on the typing!