Anime and manga favorites!

Everything around Japanese animation and comics.
Vii

Re: Anime and manga favorites!

Post by Vii »

Sounds like fun xD FMA has always, at least for me, had things in it that I would want to see as a fan.
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's a pretty amusing series. :D

DRRR!! is another good one I enjoyed.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

@Vii & Mikari: Yes, you must watch it! There are currently 2 movies and a handful of OVAs from 2003, and the recent ones from FMA:bro are based on special manga releases which are released with figures, profile books, and etc. The most recent movie is something that Bones pulled off themselves. lol. But it won 3 animation awards internationally. xD

Yep, to me, Fullmetal Alchemist is the perfect series in many many aspects. [s]even though sometimes bones messes things up. haha.[/s]

@Mikari: Have you watched the old OVA with old man Edward and his grandchildren? haha. Durarara!!! I do like that series too. My favorite is Kida. I just find his personality interesting than the other characters. xD
aminuet .。. king
Vii

Post by Vii »

@Mikari - Oh, I haven't seen all of DRRR!! I no longer have cable, so I'm just going to have to resort to watching it online, I suppose. I prefer watching it on my TV :( From what I've seen so far, Shizuo and Masaomi are my favorites~ I'm not going to lie, it took me a few episodes to get over her neck stump leaking black smoke everywhere. I just couldn't stop laughing xD; But once I did, I realized that the series really is very original and told well. But I haven't seen it all yet! xD

@Kibumie - I agree that FMA is pretty much a perfect series. It's one of those series that was done so well, in my opinion, that I really don't have much to say about it other than how freakin' awesome it is xD
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Saya

Post by Saya »

01. What are you currently keeping updated on?

Right now, I'm mostly into Gate 7, I love the fact it's historical, supernatural and CLAMP, and I really like the characters. I also am doing Drug&Drop (before known as legal drug) by CLAMP, and I'm still trying to catch KHR (i'm waaaay behind) with it. But I read lots of other stuff like Vassalord, Kuroshitsuji, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Madoka, Saint Seiya Omega.....

02. What is your favorite anime and/or manga of all time?

xxxholic and versailles no bara, defenetly those two... holic is the recent thing ended, but IT GAVE ME SO MANY FEELS... and Oscar AFTER 30 YEARS STILL GIVING ME FEELS... (one day I'll make a shrine dedicated to the series, maybe, if... well, yeah...)

03. Which holds a lot of sentimental value for you?

I'll say that there are probably 3 animes from my childhood: Saint Seiya, Versailles no Bara and Sailor Moon. Just hearing about those, it makes me really smile, and I love re-reading them or re-watching...

04. Do you have a favorite obscure/unpopular series?

Yes.... Hime-chan no Ribbon... not many know about it... and well if you aren't into Yaoi, most of my series there are obscure... and well not many people know about Versailles no bara (those who know are mostly from Japan, Italy or France, LOL)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Eden

Post by Eden »

- I don't follow any new shows, so I just pick up old series and start them.

- Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon. I grew up with these since I was a small child.

- Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon. Gohan and Chibi Usa were my role models growing up! I'll never get tired of watching these things and I usually do a re-watch of DBZ every year. :D

- Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is one of my favorites that is underrated.
- Elfen Lied is absolutely brilliant but too obscure to be popular.
- Red Garden is AMAZING.
- Blue Seed is a damn classic and amazing.
- Revolutionary Girl Utena - absolutely classic, but not a huge fanbase so it's not too popular.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Vii: you should finish the series, it's so fun :D Shizuo is my favorite :D lol the black smoke never bothered me.

@Kibumie: Yes, I watched it too, and the chibi party. :D

@Eden: Yay for Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

01. What are you currently keeping updated on? Junjou Romantica and Kimi ni Todoke.
02. What is your favorite anime and/or manga of all time? Same as above, as well as Princess Tutu. (I can't pick just one!)
03. Which holds a lot of sentimental value for you? Chrno Crusade.
04. Do you have a favorite obscure/unpopular series? I can't think of any, at least not any that I am still into.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Eheh, none right now.

Fruits Basket, Bleach, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Fruits Basket most definitely.

Uhh, not sure. I'm so behind the times I dunno what's obscure and what isn't. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Crystal wrote: 03. Which holds a lot of sentimental value for you?
Fruits Basket most definitely.
haha. I was sure this was going to be your answer. xDDD Tohru bb <333
aminuet .。. king