Shrine Organization

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Shrine Organization

Post by Destinie »

How do you usually organize content on your shrines? Have you ever thought of trying something different?

I usually organize content in the following categories:

1) Introduction- which contains all introductory materials to understanding the character and the the source from which they came. Usually contains generic info on the title/series and creator.

2) Analysis- where I keep all my analytical babbling

3) ETC- Links, media, and anything else.

Sometimes I break away and add a media section (if there is enough to warrant its own section) and sometimes I will also break #2 into two different sections. Sometimes there will be a section where I just talk about the character in general and then another section where I dive into more theoretical concepts, but again, only if I have enough material.
SnowRayjah

Re: Shrine Organization

Post by SnowRayjah »

Destinie, that's pretty much how I organize things too. I try and introduce, then go through the analysis and my thoughts, then add the media (if I add any) and finally have the sitely stuff like links, disclaimers, references, etc.

I've tried to do it differently, but because I outline my sites before typing up all my babble, they end up being in the best flow for writing a paper (rather than a site specifically). So I keep with that. I outlined my latest site, Wounded, and actually worked on it backwards to check for thought flow. It's still all the same babble as usual though. :D Actually, I did try and integrate my thoughts and analysis a little better this time; the section with my thoughts was more like a "to prove my point." But I don't know that I like it. Still, it wasn't so bad! Organization wise, I like it.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I usually have a section for information, media, and depending on how much work I want to put into it, ill have a tab for gallery as well! then site, clear. I like to organize my websites like this because it puts everything into a simple category for me! For characters that have an in-depth analysis, I will break it down into more sections as well! I want to try to mix up my sites a little bit with newer ideas though so they dont seem as repetitive. x_x
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

For me it kinda varies depending on the size I choose to make the shrine and where the subject comes from (ie: manga, video game, TV show, etc.). Although I do like to have a consistent outline on what sections to do for my shrines I find it doesn't always work. Like Lyn for example I have a section about her character, her in-game information, fanlisting, and site information. Then you have Link from the manga which has a section about the series, a quick introduction to the character, more in-depth information as he journeys to fulfill his destiny, people he interacts with, my thoughts on the character, and site information. And then you have shrines like my Song of Storms shrine where you aren't quite sure where it fits in lol.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Destinie, I generally organize my sites the same way you do. I prefer to have a spoiler-free (or spoiler-lite in some cases) introduction section to introduce the series and character to people who may not have heard of the game/manga/movie/etc. My analysis sections go deeper and are littered with spoilers. Sometimes I put all of my analysis in one section. Other times, I divide up the analyses into "character" and "world", with "world" containing essays on relationships, the character's surroundings, etc.

I also try to include an "exploration" section. That section is generally tiny, but is where I go over really out of the box things things. My Reiko site has a great example of that.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

I pretty much do the same as Destinie mentioned and I'd like to add bonus things as well when I can ;D
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Todd - I like the "exploration" idea! That's a creative way to hook your visitor into learning random things!! I really want to figure out some new ways to present information. I guess it really just depends on what type of site it is for me!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

My sites' organization would be similar to what Todd describes, also depending on the size of the site. Sometimes "world" and "exploration" fall under Information, but sometimes they are their own sections. But it's pretty much Info, Media, Site, sometimes an FL. My Spock site has Fandom but I want to pretty much organize that site to be more newsblog-like...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

My organization is pretty similar too, introduction, analysis, etc. However, most if not all of the time the only spoiler free written page is the main page, which warns of the spoilers everywhere else. XD I tell the story, focusing on the parts that are significant to the character, analyses the characteristics, development and relationships of the character, then add anything else that comes to mind.