The Nightbringer Network

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

The Nightbringer Network

Post by Todd »

I recently revamped and expanded my collective. I bought farplane.org for my Final Fantasy sites, and I created a series of Final Fantasy layouts for my entire network to jump start the project.

The Nightbringer Network version 13

I've always wanted to do a layout like this, where every page has its own colors and images. What do you guys think?

I'm interested in what you guys think about the flow as well. I think one of the biggest struggles in having multiple domains is running them as one network. Although my sites are hosted over three different domains, everything I run is part of The Nightbringer Network at nightbringer.net, and I want that to be clear at whichever of my sites you visit.
Destinie

Re: The Nightbringer Network

Post by Destinie »

I love how each page on Nightbringer has its own layout and they are so colorful and nice. I love how you've organized it and how both sites match. To me, this really is *you* and has a lot of personality.

I try to do the same with my domains as well. I have Nyarth.net but I have it listed under Love-gala.org as part of the network. I wanted to do the same, to show that all my fansites are part of one collective, even though there are different domains. I think it's nice to have everything that is similar in the same basket. :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thank you, Destinie! I like the sites in a basket idea, too. I feel like if I make a lot of sites from one fandom, I should separate them with a mini collective or domain.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I saw this on Twitter and truthfully I love it. Normally I don't like sites that use different images/colors/whatever for each page but this is an exception. Everything flows together so nicely that it's really refreshing to see. Keep it up!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thank you, Crystal! The layout used in the "Me" (titled "Onion Knight" in this layout) was the original layout I was working on. I made the matching Farplane.org layout, and was showing Masao online when I randomly decided to use a different FF logo for every page. I'm glad I did! It took forever, but it was fun. I'm glad you like it!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

That's neat! Well I'm glad you went with it. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I love it still. It's so pretty. Every time I look at Nightbringer I have to go to every page for the pretty colors.

I agree with the basket ideas. While I only have the one domain I still try to keep like sites together. Like all my Fire Emblem sites are going in the same place, and my character studies are separated from my fan sites. But they are all part of Pirates Board. Kinda makes me wish I made a file for said fan sites at the beginning. I could do it now but I'm lazy~

Still color layouts are awesome. I'm glad you painstaking went through it. I also think orange is under used.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I haven't seen someone do this in a long time, and I love it! It's very creative, it flows nicely, and it lets people really get a feel for what YOU like. I think that this is a great idea overall! Each layout is pretty and simplistic and that is a great way to show information! I like how you gave Drew her own tab ! I did not even know you had a fansite to her, and was able to enjoy looking through it :D Great job!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Todd

Post by Todd »

@ Cherri - Thanks! I keep flipping through the pages, too. lol

@ Megan - Thanks, Megan! My Drew Barrymore site is somewhat of a collective, and houses a tribute to Danielle from Ever After, a character she played. I'm also working on a tribute to Casey Becker, her character from Scream, that should be up in the coming weeks. I consider my Drew Barrymore domain and my Final Fantasy domain my two major sites since they have shrines nestled under them. The other three random shrines fit nicely on the "other sites" page.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Wow, Todd~ I'm blown away by the layouts in each page! Congrats on getting farplane.org up as well ;D This is something I don't see every day XD I mean unless if you were using a rotation image, which you aren't XD Lol I'd be tired fixing the coding in each page and making layouts for each page ;P You've got guts dude ;D Props for that~