Memento

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
SnowRayjah

Re: Memento

Post by SnowRayjah »

I love the layout! It's so vibrant! I think its a great contrast to Namine who always seems so somber to me. I think the time line is particularly helpful too!

This makes me want to try and get through Chain of Memories again! ;w;
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Wow, you've done it again, Sam~ You've really put everything in ;D Love the timeline *____*
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

@Cherri: Aqua is my favorite Kingdom Hearts character and I'm really excited to write about her. I hope you will like her too. :) And I'll be waiting for the day you shrine something from the series for sure!

@Snow: Thank you! I was kind of worried it was an odd color combination for her (it really reminds me of the beach or something lol) but I think you are right. My previous layout was a light gray and it just made her look even more washed out. You should play CoM again though!

@Mayumi: Thanks, dear~ I'm waiting for you to make your site now, too. ;)
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Samantha: She seems great and I love her clothes. <3 So I figure I'm partially there. I will parade around with it, when I do it of course. I'm kind of excited.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Cherri wrote:@Samantha: She seems great and I love her clothes. <3 So I figure I'm partially there. I will parade around with it, when I do it of course. I'm kind of excited.
I'll keep an eye out for it. :3
anon

Post by anon »

Oh, yay! This website is pretty neat! :D Congratulations on making it! :) Very detailed.

My only problems with the site are aesthetic-related. I notice you like putting spaces between your text a lot, and I feel like it makes your website a little hard to read. That, coupled with the widths of your columns, make the content look squished together.

Other than that everything is fine, though. :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I like to use space too between my text! for some reason it makes it more attractive and less cluttered :x i dunno!! i just like it better but it may just be sisterly space bonding or something xD

now i have to add namine to axel's shrine...and saix if i havent already. hmhm
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I agree with Megan cause it is pretty, (PADDING IS AWESOME! SPACE IS AWESOME! WEBMASTERS PAY ATTENTION!) but I can see where Jo is coming from, too. It does kind of run together if you're tired, or looking at the page from afar. I think this can be fixed one of two ways: 1) Increase the space between paragraphs by a couple pixels or so, making it very clear where new paragraphs begin, or 2) Indent the first line of each paragraph by two pixels. That will eliminate the illusion that paragraphs are running together.

Hope that helps. Less tl;dr: I didn't see a problem myself, but I can see how someone would.
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I will keep that in mind for the future. I never really noticed a problem (obviously), but like Todd said, I guess I can see where someone would have an issue. I'll try increasing the space between paragraphs and see if that helps. :)