I wish I had something cool to say

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Samantha

Re: I wish I had something cool to say

Post by Samantha »

Thank you everyone for your welcomes! ;~;

@Todd: Aww, it makes me happy to know you like my sites. I love yours too! I've always been kind of intimidated to make FF related sites ;;

@Vii: I don't think we have met either...but your wonderful layouts have been a big inspiration for me in the past. :) I love your work~

@Kibumie: Yeah, I agree. I could have graduated early with psychology, but I didn't see the point when I wasn't ready to go to grad school yet and I didn't know what I wanted to do. And awww, what kind of cat do you have? My other cat, Leena, is getting kind of older too. She's always been the lazy kind of cat though that sleeps all day. I took Izzy in from outside because people down the street were neglecting and abusing their cats so I think he's just used to running around outside with little kids that would play with him. He's soooo hyper all of the time. XD;

@Mikari: I'm basically finished with all the coursework since it overlapped a bit with psychology, which I already finished. I have to do two internships though to complete the major so I have one in the fall semester and one in the spring. So I'll graduate in spring 2013. :3 Also, thank you for your kind words. I do tend to like obscure characters. ;; Though I don't think I'm ever going to have time to fix up Misa so she will probably end up being closed again during my downsizing... But I love your Layla site! I was so happy to see someone make something for her since my project for her kind of...died. Layla is an amazing character and I'm glad you have such a wonderful dedication.

@Masao: Thank you! I will try my best, haha.

@dubiousdisk: I'd much rather be in school right now since the job market doesn't seem to be too friendly now. ;; Sometimes I just want to hurry up and graduate though, haha. Thanks, though! It's not going to be too exciting since I'm probably going to end up downsizing again because I'm overwhelmed with too many project ideas. ;; You should make some more Pokemon shrines with me. >D

@Camy: I definitely agree with this statement. It's nice to have a pet around, especially when you are feeling down. Though Izzy can be a tad annoying sometimes...haha.

@Saya: Thank youuuuuuuuuu~ Good to see you here :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

You shouldn't feel intimidated to make FF sites! I used to be too, and when I debuted my Sabin site years ago, I was super nervous, but everyone was super supportive. I remember Alex from VK asking me to affiliate with her Locke site and I was like @_@. lol But yeah, really nice people who love seeing new sites.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Samantha: You're welcome ^^ I find that I've been archiving a lot of my sites beyond small updates. Maybe that could be an option when you're doing "spring cleaning". Aw thank you ^^, I'm happy you enjoy Golden Phoenix. I agree with Todd, FF maybe be a big subject, but don't let that make you shy away. :D
Yamila

Post by Yamila »

it's never late to realize what you wanna do in life :'3 /is also being a slowpoke at university

my fave site of yours has to be emma ai ;w; it's amazing >w< and you don't see much jigoku shoujo love around these days... ;_;

welcome to the boards!!!! <3
· watch out, the night is breaking ·
stalking ur sites with Masao, Dragoneyes & Saya · [ directory team ]
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Welcome, Samantha! I really have been digging your sites for quite a while! (Esp. Kratos!) It's how I originally found your sites years ago.

Also, congrats on moving out. Also, how old is your kitty?
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hi Samantha! No worries on the school front... I have a friend who's been switching majors and has been at it even longer than you. xD Personally, I think it's crazy for schools to expect people to know what they want to do right out of high school, so I'm really not surprised when people are indecisive. It's better to end up with something you're happy with, though!

Looking forward to seeing your collective when it's back up! :D
Ava

Post by Ava »

Sam, everything you say is cool in itself. haha. :content:

I also took me 5 years to finish undergrad. It's becoming very common now. People just don't know what to do with their lives at such a young age; some never figure it out. Your 20s are for exploring different career options.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Welcome Samantha! Not to sound like a stalker, but I adore your domain and visit it lots. :) You make some awesome sites. :heart:

Oh, I can relate. I was undecided for a long time, then a semester after I finally chose a major, I switched to something else. x_x; It really is hard figuring out what you want to do with your life. But you sound like you've got it figured out now, so that's good! Best of luck with everything educational as well as your upcoming move. :yay:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hi! :D I like your shrines a lot - every time I stumble upon your Kratos shrine, it makes me want to replay Tales of Symphonia, but I usually don't have the time. :( (I've beat it only once so far.) And it makes me want to pick Kratos again even though I really should go for Zelos next time. D: I also like your Misa and Natalia shrines since they seem to be such underappreciated characters.

It's impressive how you've managed to create such an extensive shrine for a character as minor as Legretta (though it's great that she received so much exposure and personality in comparison to some other female video game villains. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Hi Samantha! We haven't met before but I know about your domain and I really like your designs! \o/ I'm not familiar with the Tales of series but I love love love your Pokemon stuff!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!