Lucky Cat (FKA Modest Mouser)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Lucky Cat (FKA Modest Mouser)

Post by Destinie »

I'm really excited to share the newest version of my Meowth shrine entitled...
(Formally known as Modest Mouser.) This site is definitely my baby. I've had it around since 2006, I remember when it was 3 pages long. It's been revamped several times but I was still unhappy with it because I feel like it didn't really fit my standards. The writing always felt jumbled and rushed. This shrine has been down for about a year and I've been working really hard on it the past few weeks to get all of the new content written and online.

You can see there's a bunch of brand new content and I rewrote a lot of the old content, too! I'm also really excited because I was approved for the Meowth Fanlisting~! If I ever owned a fanlisting I was hoping it would be Meowth, my ultimate favorite. I'm so happy and I'm really happy with how the site came out.

Anyway, I'm babbling! Please let me know your thoughts, especially on the written content! Thank you! ♥ (I really wouldn't have gotten this site back up if it wasn't for the support of so many of you, so thanks~♥)
Yuzuki

Re: Lucky Cat (FKA Modest Mouser)

Post by Yuzuki »

Love what you have done with your shrine! At first when I read you changed your Meowth page, I was thinking "OMG NO, she changed that cute lucky Meowth vector in nyarth.net, it was just so freaking cute". Silly me! Thats still on the domain.

I really like your shrine, it looks so pretty and organized and the text is very informative. The only thing that I would say it would have been cool, is to have images/screenshots of the Movesets and a short description. And that's cause I'm used to that kind of info from MMO websites.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Yuzuki Thank you for your input! Hehe, I'm going to keep that layout on Nyarth.net for almost ever. :P I have lots of Meowth-themed stuff because Meowth is my favorite! I'm glad that you feel the site is well organized and informative.

I didn't think of the description or image for the movesets, I think that's a cool idea! I could probably do some basic info for the moves (accuracy, damage, etc) and try to get a screenshot from the game. There are so many versions so I guess I would have to pick one. Thanks so much, I really like that idea! ^-^
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so awesome! I didn't even think it was possible to gather so many details about Meowth, totally amazing :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSS HURRAYYYY

...okay, said this:

You wrote so much!! And it's all personal opinions! Aahhhh so great
I LOVE that you have the page of trainers that have Meowth, that's so cute and such a great idea
And all the history of the Maneki Neko! :D

I noticed that the site loads really smoothly and nice and quick. :o I am impressed that you got something so polished out of very few elements. Minimal is harder than elaborate! And let me say it again, I really love the layout. Such a pretty color combination. And it involves a lot of cream, the same color as Meowth <3

Here comes the typo catcher squad: you almost always spelled Jessie's name as Jesse (I KNOW, it does make more sense as Jesse, but I guess that it didn't sound enough like a female name?), and you typoed Maneki Neko a few times. I saw a few more, I'll go through the site a second time later and take note if you don't mind.

Layout-wise: one thing that personally I would change is, in some cases when you have your .left pictures the text gets very close to the border (see for example in the anime main page). You might want to add some margin. Also, being nitpicky here, but, at least on my part, it seems like the footer disclaimer is not aligned to the footer navigation. Now I don't know which of the two is off center, but one of them must?...

ANYWAY I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS BACK ONLINE
IT'S GORGEOUS
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@mikari you flatter me! Thank you!

@dubious eee such kind words thank you! I pushed myself really hard so I am glad it paid off.

Re:typos ugh that's what I get for rushing my writing. d: if you see any more, do let me know, please! I will go through and make updates soon!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

wow a new version for Meowth! I like the new name for the site, Lucky Cat! I didn't know that he was based from Mankei Neko :blush: I like how it has an easy page access from the sidebar, and it tells you where you are easily. The site looks great and it looks refreshing. There is a huge amount of interesting facts and info plus great media, and I love the Meowth pillow!! It's so cute. :blush:

Congrats on getting the fanlisting for him too! Lucky Cat is the perfect place for it! I can't imagine it anywhere else. :heh: :heart:
aminuet .。. king
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Yay, it's finally back online! :D

I read it all in one go! Ok, so, first things first: I LOVE the layout! So simple, clean and functional. It works amazingly well.

The content is just... I'm speechless. There is SO MUCH to read! I knew that Meowth was based off the Mankei Neko, but you also added a "Felines" section and a "Folklore" section, which is a really nice touch. I didn't know there was so much to say about Meowth!

All in all, I really love it and I think all your efforts paid off! :D Congrats on getting the shrine back online! :heart:
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@kibumie @chibi waii~ thank you so much! I'm so glad that its easy to navigate (that's my ux theory poking through there hehe)! I'm glad you like it too! ^_^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Dubious Ah I went through and made a bunch of the changes to the typos you pointed out! I also added margins to the text!

Next big update I want to do what Yuzuki suggested. :3

Thanks again, everyone! ^O^/ I'm so excited!