Skeleton Grin - Jack Skellington

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Skeleton Grin - Jack Skellington

Post by Megan »

A big thanks to Sarah for inspiring me via twitter to get this up! The Nightmare Before Christmas has been in my top 5 favorite movies since I first saw it when I was young... I've wanted to complete a tribute of some type for Jack Skellington since I had my previous domain. I was going to call it Pumpkin King back then... but that's too generic... sooooooo

Skeleton Grin it is!!

Let me know what everyone thinks! I am pretty content :3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Todd

Re: Skeleton Grin - Jack Skellington

Post by Todd »

Wow, this looks awesome, Megan! I'm really digging the splash page, too.

I love watching your collective grow, because your sites are so unique and varied, both in presentation and in subject matter. Any visitor is likely to find something to enjoy at your collective.

Anyway, Jack! I really like all the details you've included, like info on his height, and his various in-game appearances (Kingdom Hearts!).

I want to watch this movie again now!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Megan, it's absolutely wonderful!! :heart: I am honored that you say I inspired you, it really means a lot. You did an amazing job; there is so much information, even on his game appearances. (That is really impressive!)

I loved reading what you had to say about Jack's relationship with Sally, as that is one of my favorite things about the movie. I also love the Trivia section. There are a lot of things in there I didn't know! Next time I watch The Princess and the Frog and Coraline I'll have to look for Jack's cameos. :) Also, you make such pretty icons!

Congrats on getting it online! I was excited to see it on your "possibilities" list when I first came upon your domain, and I'm excited now that it's open! :yay:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Todd - Thank you so much! Aw, that means so much to me!! I guess my fandoms are so far spread and random most of the time that my collective can't be solely based on one series... (though kindgom hearts is a huge topic!) I wanted to make it different and interesting from anything else i've done, so I decided to have the enter page and change up my layout a bit! I am glad you noticed the height !! When I found information on his life-size model I was shocked because he seems so tall! Go watch it! I want to too... Thanks again!!

@Sarah - Yay thank you!! No problem, you really did! I was bored and wanting to do something new, and your suggestion really sparked so much for me! I am so happy that I went with it! I was scared that Jack wasn't going to be that detailed because at first my mind was so blank, which is probably why I didn't create anything to him sooner... But then I just couldn't stop writing and got it done in 2 days! Jack and Sally are such a great and simple love story that I had to just keep writing about them! I know, I was really surprised too with all of Jack's cameos!! Well I'm glad you really like it! <3333
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

First of all: ooohhh, a splash page! Haven't seen one of those in years! :D Nice touch!

Love all the info you have on Jack, especially his video game appearances! Love also the trivia! :D I really enjoyed reading it!

I would probably be nitpicking too much if I said I noticed a few typos, but they're not a big deal and the shrine is very well made! Congrats on getting it online! :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It's amazing Megan! I really like how you made it cover both his movie roles and all his game roles. It's really neat!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Chibi - thanks so much!! I'm glad you like everything. Ill go back and try to find those typos! I get so antsy when I'm making sites that sometimes I skip over typos without even realizing it haha thanks for letting me know! And I'm glad you enjoyed the read!!

@Crystal - thank you!!! I wanted to make sure I included some of his other roles to really understand his character in every version!!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is awesome :D Jack rocks ^_^
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hey Megan! I'm reading through your shrine and I really like it! I can only reiterate what everyone else has mentioned, lol! The splash screen is so adorable and I love how you talk about Jack in the movie and in the game, too. I've only played KH1 so the other information is new to me. (And I think it's weird that in the later games they have him dress as Santa again!! But that's what people know so I guess they wanted to do it.) I didn't even know he had his own game, whoa!! Amongst a bunch of other things, like the movie being based on a poem. I really love the fact you linked the poem so I got to go read it, that was really cool. :)

It's written really straight forward and I appreciate that! I did catch a couple typos. For Santa Claus, there should be no "e" at the end of Claus. In the first paragraph (welcome paragraph), you're missing the "d" at the end of dedicated.

So many things I am enjoying! Thanks so much for sharing! It's great. :3
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Mikari - Thanks so much!! :D

@Destinie - Glad you like it!! I am so happy to hear all of the positive feed back on the splash page! I didn't expect it to be a big hit!! Yeah, the poem was something new I learned when I got my DVD version of The Nightmare Before Christmas and it was played in the extra section with Tim Burton saying it. It was really interesting ! Thanks for pointing out those typos, I fixed them! How embarrassing that I spelled Santa Claus wrong x_x;;; Oh well. Thanks again! <33