Help: problem with Photoshop CS6 and brightness of banners

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Chibi

Help: problem with Photoshop CS6 and brightness of banners

Post by Chibi »

Hello people! Photoshop CS6 is driving me crazy at the moment, so I thought I'd ask you guys a question and hopefully you can help me solve this problem.

I am using a Mac (version 10.6.8) and I got Photoshop CS6 on it. I was recently trying out a new colouring for my link back buttons, but every time I save one of them (no matter what format I save it in) and I click on it outside of Photoshop, I find the colour darkened, nothing like it was when I was making it in Photoshop. I've tried many things, but I'm starting to think that my monitor on my Mac is configured in a way that makes the image seem brighter in Photoshop... but outside of Photoshop the image is not of the same brightness at all. Is there any way to save the image with the same brightness as outside of Photoshop, or can I make it so that the brightness in Photoshop matches the actual brightness outside of Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Destinie

Re: Help: problem with Photoshop CS6 and brightness of banne

Post by Destinie »

Is there some sort of display setting within photoshop that is impacting your design?
ritabuuk

Re: Help: problem with Photoshop CS6 and brightness of banne

Post by ritabuuk »

It sounds like your problem might have to do with the Photoshop color profile. You can set a color profile within Photoshop, and then this can be saved in the image itself. I guess make sure that this color profile is being saved in your image file, and that then the profile is actually used by whatever you using to view the image (my problem was that deviantArt used to - not sure if it is better now - ignore any embedded color profile, so any art I uploaded ended up looking all washed out once I uploaded it! :cry:)

Here's some info:
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basi ... -settings/