I am bulletproof?

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: I am bulletproof?

Post by dubiousdisc »

Eden - oh dear, really? D: I thought the nasty parts of the fandom had decided to shut up once and for all, but I am clearly mistaken D: D: D:

Though now I want to ask. What do these purists you're talking about want?
Varen

Post by Varen »

Welcome Eden! And you are not a terrible writer at all. >:( I'm an English major, and even my writing pales compared to yours. Although I completely sympathize with your regarding the "getting the right words" part. It's hard to express yourself on paper, when you have good ideas in your head!
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Eden

Post by Eden »

@dubiousdisc - One girl from tumblr had emailed me, enraged and even depressed, moping and whatever, about my domain name choice for Chibi Usa and said that was HER intellectual property, that she was going to make a huge fansite, and felt offended that I took her name. I don't even go on Tumblr! It was coincidence that happened on both of us and I just got the short end of the stick. She posted to her tumblr and outed me, and I got a lot of emails from her friends and such. It was a nightmare. I ended up abandoning the old name since it gave me a sour taste in my mouth. I even had a few of them laugh at me and told me I wasn't an "original fan". I facepalmed. I didn't get hurt or anything, just annoyed y'know?

@ Varen - Thanks a lot! I struggle most with what I have to say. It sounds good in my head, but when I put it in words on paper/computer, it doesn't come out right at all. My writing has improved just a little bit thanks to my boyfriend nearly always correcting me when I slip up. XD
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Holy shit D: There are still lunatics like this in fandom? I can absolutely understand that you dropped the entire thing after all this mess D:
Eden

Post by Eden »

Yeah, there are purists everywhere to this day. Sad isn't it? It's way too stressful to argue over a cartoon I think. xD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Eden: Making video games was what I wanted to do when I was little, and still do, I just don' have the resources for it. ^^;; Good luck with all your projects!
Eden

Post by Eden »

Thanks Mikari. :D
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Welcome, Eden! :D

Ahh, fandom purists are no good. They're just immature that other people have different opinion on things. If they can't accept it, it's their problem, not yours. I'm sorry that you received flame mail in the past, the best thing is either to ignore those fans or just laugh at them (I generally prefer the second, haha). I want to make a fansite about a pairing in a fandom that recently started having "shipping wars" and I know I might get some flame mail when I'll write some of my opinions on the relationships of the two characters with other characters on the show, but I don't care. All I want to do is show my love for my OTP. So don't let anyone stop you from making fansites!

I too hope that by being a member of Amassment I will be able to finally finish my projects... hopefully we can support each other! :)