Do you have Backloggery/Playfire/Etc?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Lethe

Re: Do you have Backloggery/Playfire/Etc?

Post by Lethe »

My Backloggery is here. I love its neat design and how you can customize your personal page to an extent, but not too much. The focus really lies on your gamelist - there are options to socialize, and while it's sufficient, it's kept really simple. (It saddens me that there's no archive of all the comments you receive from others though. I like rereading conversations.) There's also no database, so you can't look up game information on Backloggery itself or see who else has enjoyed the game you're currently playing unless you're browsing someone's backlog.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Backloggery seemed somehow lonely to me. It doesn't have the blogging and tacking options for other members that Playfire has, such as the blog, the page about posts related to games on your list etc. It's very simple, though it does have a comments page, it doesn't seem to "advertise" people's lists much, which would be difficult since you enter the game names yourself rather than finding them on a database so there could be plenty of variation. I can keep track of my games in my head since I don't simultaneously play that many and when I'm done, I very rarely go back to a game unless I'm replaying a favorite, not particularly trying to achieve anything, thus the aspect of sharing my list is more so when I'm on those sites, to chat with other gamers, etc.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I attempt to keep my backloggery fairly up-to-date; it's a nice, organized way to keep track of games I need to finish (which is way too many). Anyone can add me as a friend if they want!

I kept attracting creepers on Playfire and it's just to messy looking so I abandoned mine.
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

I don't have either but I do have Steam xD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I have a Playfire here. I don't update it much, but feel free to friend me. I kind of want to start using it more...
anon

Post by anon »

I think I did have a backloggery but I haven't logged in for three years and I don't use it anyway. There was some social pressure when people got Playfire but in the end, I don't play that many video games so I don't really have a use for these accounts.
Ava

Post by Ava »

I'm glad someone brought this up because I had heard about Backloggery and Playfire, but had not compared their features. Everyone's comments about the websites were helpful. I'll definitely sign up for one sometime.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I started a Backloggery here: http://backloggery.com/todd

I haven't had a chance to go through and add all my games yet, though, so it's unfinished. I only got to handhelds, lol. Feel free to friend me!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Alas, everyone is joining backloggery after I left it. XD
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have a Playfire account. It's right here, https://www.playfire.com/Cherri. Of course I still gotta get it up to date. :swt2:
;o; *** pew! pew!