Caterpillar

Planning to create or to revamp a shrine and need some help or a second eye with your content? Post away!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Cherri

Caterpillar

Post by Cherri »

Caterpillar needs a revamp. So I would like to know how to improve. Feedback is very appreciated.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kibumie

Re: Caterpillar

Post by Kibumie »

Watanuki~~~~ :heart: I love this guy, he is also one of my favorites! Watanuki have managed to make me cry, happy, laugh, and roll around my bed like he does. He is very likable and adorable. :heh: I like creepy supernatural manga, but one thing that won my heart of xxxHolic is because of Watanuki's character :yay:

I like the shrine and it has many interesting aspects and the future path of Watanuki. :heart: Maybe giving the shrine a little bit more "personal perspective" of your views regarding to Watanuki's charming characteristics. Like how you mentioned that you can relate with Watanuki in a certain way regarding life. I think that would be really interesting to read. :blush: Also maybe elaborating his development from being a housemaid to Yuuko's "next in line" and how his meetings with the spirits, and the supernatural, and acquaintanceship with others lead him to become the Watanuki in the end.

For the layout, I like it. :blush: I like how you choose the image, it's quite a metaphor of what Watanuki really sees "the world of spirits". And the colors gives off the naturally kind aura of Watanuki! :blush:

Good luck on the revamp~ I'm excited to see it :blush:

and I hope I was able to help in a way. :swt:
aminuet .。. king
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Same, I adore him.

Thank you so much and this really does help out. I think I have a direction to go in now. Just have to do some outlining. :heh: I some how tend to forget the personal touch.

I might be able to make this little caterpillar a butterfly. Thank you! :content:
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So far, I think that this shrine is off to a great start. I like how you include facts about him, his relationships, and how xxxHolic is inspired (or references) other stories. I like the airiness of the layout a lot. :)

I could see this fleshed out a bit. I've read some of xxxHolic and I've seen most of the anime. I think it would be really cool to walk through his journey more. You touch on it a bit here. I think it would be really need to see pages that walk through different chapters and different experiences he has. It might be cool to include different episodes or chapters that help build his character. Different experiences with spirits or other people. The shrine gives a good overview of Watanuki and a few other characters but I would really like to see something in depth.

I think it would also be interesting to see more analysis on his character and his motivations. I would really be interested in seeing more of your personal thoughts on why he does what he does through the story and analyzing his decision-making. Maybe further thinking about his relationships with other characters, especially Yuuko.

Hope that helps. ^_^
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That does help! Thank you so much. I gotta add these to my notes for the revamp. <3 Mostly sounds like I need to expand on certain sections. Thank you again.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Sure! NP, can't wait to see what you do with it!