yo yo yo~ ♪└(・。・)┐

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Aku

yo yo yo~ ♪└(・。・)┐

Post by Aku »

LONG TIME NO SEE AMASSMENT! :swt: I noticed a few "omg i'm back!" posts in this forum so I figured it'd be okay to do the same myself, as I didn't really know how to phase back in to the community.

What's been up?! (And also, hello! to all the new Amassment folk I don't know! I go by Aku. There's an intro about me here that's still 80% true, or something.) I know that the 1 Page event is just wrapping itself up, so I'm excited to see the results of that, and hoping to jump in on that encore event as well. It looks like the community has been pretty active while I'm gone, so I'm happy to see this place still thriving (as my other hangout, TFL, still seems to be dead lol. Anyone know what's up there?!)

As for me, I've been slowly working on getting myself back up on my feet domain-wise as I was suddenly granted a lot of free time this summer (AKA my entire team at work got laid off!) But it's been hard--the situation kinda zapped me of all my creative motivation. I've been in a real funk, so this week is my attempt to take some steps forward and get out of it, haha. Figured if I can't even get back into Shinkirou's projects & designs, I'm never going to be motivated to work on my actual portfolio/resume. But a break from full-time employment has been nice, too. Baby steps!!

ANYWAY, CATCH ME UP. :Db What's new at Amassment? Show me all your cool new shrines that I missed out on while I was busy working my ass off/playing League of Legends.
Destinie

Re: yo yo yo~ ♪└(・。・)┐

Post by Destinie »

What?! They laid off your entire team?! What happened? That can definitely take a toll on your creative ability. I sense that it was something along the lines of "We have to make budget cuts so there goes the whole creative team" kind of scenario. I'm sure you'll find a new job soon. :)

We missed you here! It's great to see you back! I have no idea what is up with TFL! I was thinking about getting back into fanlistings (I got one, yay!) but it seems that the site is still dead and people are slowly phasing out of it. I'm thinking it might go through a second wave sometime in the near future when people get nostalgic or new people get into it, and that will revive it.

Ha, League of Legends! I have some friends who play and so I wanted to give it a shot. It's pretty fun but I'm super bad at it! (And I can't play with my friends who stay up really late so I got mad that when you have to drop out it gives you a penalty. I see why they do it but it's still frustrating, lol!)
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

AKU! Glad to see you around!

Less glad of the reason why you have all this free time. D: I hope things will work out fine. But hey, I guess that the silver lining is that maybe you will be able to make more stuff...Speaking of which, do you already have plans for your domain or is it still all in terms of musings? If you can talk about it, of course. :D
Aku

Post by Aku »

Destinie wrote:What?! They laid off your entire team?! What happened?
Yeah! It was kind of that, under the guise of budgetary issues. Stuff had been going downhill for awhile and most of the senior team that hired us had already moved on, so it was just a matter of getting rid of the juniors. Rumor has it getting rid of our team had been long in the works, but most of us hated our jobs at this point so it wasn't too big of a loss. :P Just sad the way they did it! I'm happy to be free for awhile & excited for new (better) opportunities!

I kinda agree with you re: TFL! I'll be keeping mine since they all mean a lot to me, but even if it were back idk if I'd sign up for any anytime soon. XD As for League, it takes a looot of practices & a thick skin, the community is terrible! I find that it helps if you have a lot of friends to play & practice with! And yeah, they are pretty strict about leavers, you really need to be able to sit down and play a full game if you are gonna play League... T_T
dubiousdisc wrote:Speaking of which, do you already have plans for your domain or is it still all in terms of musings? If you can talk about it, of course. :D
The silver lining is important! X3 I'm glad for the free time, I can work on a lot of things I want both professionally & hobby-wise now haha. I do have some plans! I want to sign up for the one page encore if I can think of a subject (maybe something I've been wanting to do for awhile that I can expand into a bigger page later? one page really helps you outline!) Otherwise, I've been replaying FFX... :D