Directory names

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Directory names

Post by Destinie »

Cherri wrote:Yup! I like that.

Also if you name if after a subject. Do you go with last or first name or what you know them as?
Usually their first name :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

However they're most known as, which usually is their first name. But, for example, if I were to make a site to Daisuke Jigen from Lupin III, I'd call the directory /jigen because that's how he's most referred to in canon.
Todd

Post by Todd »

dubiousdisc wrote:However they're most known as, which usually is their first name. But, for example, if I were to make a site to Daisuke Jigen from Lupin III, I'd call the directory /jigen because that's how he's most referred to in canon.
Same here. With Tidus, Sabin, Edward, and Knuckles, I used their first names, but it's because they go by their first name. I used Reiko for my Tamura Reiko shrine because she was called Reiko in the manga (Japanese often refer to people by their last name). I used Magus because it's what Magus is most known by in Chrono Trigger. I could have alternatively used Janus or Zeal, but Magus made the most sense.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

I use family name for Japanese names, given names for not so Japanese names. I have a few exceptions, like guardian rather than Hijikata. I can't tell you why I decided site name would be better there. I also did the same thing for Li'l Cactus with diary but that was mostly because 'lilcactus' looked odd to me. And finally Mine's site folder is "Miyo" which is actually the first to sounds of his name "MIne YOshitaka". Otherwise I try to label by subject so its easier for people to remember (easier for me to remember at least, HAH).
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I do the same. I pick what they are most know as, with the exception of Sakura Kyoko (most call her Kyoko and I named it Sakura) and my Final Fantasy VII site (it was named "Mist"). Other than that I pick most know by. Like Sanada Akihiko, no one calls him "Sanada", it's always "Akihiko".

@Snow: You did that because that's what we call Mine. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Most of the time I will use the subject, but in cases like Emotion and Rewrite I used the site names. I suppose it all depends on how much I want to type out. With my domain having a short name I tend to lean towards using shorter names for subdomains as well.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Sometimes the name of the character, sometimes the name of the site, sometimes the first word of the name of the site, sometimes a word related to the topic... Most often something related to the title or character, but it's not the same for all of them.