Hi

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Amber

Hi

Post by Amber »

Hey everyone, I know some of you from TAFL/TFL (fanlistings) and others I don't really know much at all. My name is Amber and I run the domain (http://eien-melody.net). My designs aren't that great or fancy...nor do I produce fancy layouts. I do however, enjoy web design and take pride it what bit I still have online.

I'm not really active in my web design hobbies these days...at least as much as I used to be. I used to have a few character shrines I was working on but time and lack of interest in web design has caused me to close one and discontinue future projects for the time being. I've also started to dwindle down on my fanlistings as well (I closed about 15 earlier this year) and moreso.

I currently only have one shrine/fansite that is still active (http://sky-dreams.net) that is devoted to my Krillin love from DBZ. There are few character shrines for DBZ that are still actively updated or even updated. There are also few DBZ domains that are still updated as well.

I hope to poke my head around here and get my Dawn/Hikari (from Pokemon) shrine back open I took down over a year ago within a few months. Anyways, I'm wanting to build future shrines but I do not plan on buying anymore domains...but rather host them from my main domain.

Anyways, umm...enough rambling on my end. :blush:
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Hi

Post by nyxmidnight »

Welcome aboard, Amber! I'm sure you will like it here :content: It's not about your skill level or your number of shrine, but about having fun!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm considering cutting down on my domains too. Just need to figure out how. The expense was worth it when I had a ton of time and interest in making a lot of sites, but now that I've gotten busier and web design (while still fun, and something I plan to continue) has taken a backseat, I want to find the cheapest route to go. Good luck in rebuilding your network to suit you!

Also, welcome to Amassment! We have people here who are super active in shrining, and some that haven't built a new shrine in years, so no need to feel like you don't belong. Everyone is welcome as long as they love shrines in some way, and our staffers and other members are here to help you with anything you need no matter how into shrining you are. Not to mention, the people here are really chillax and awesome to interact with.

I hope you have fun, and let me know if you have any questions!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello! I've seen your stuff many times before :) And, reiterating what Todd said - you don't have to make a new shrine every day, the only thing that matters here is loving the sites 8)

Welcome welcome!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Hi Amber! :D *hugs* It's so nice to see you here at Amassment, too!

I love your sites, both fanlistings and shrines, and I can't wait to see your Hikari shrine! :D

Have fun here at the boards!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Hello!! I've seen many of your things !! Welcome to the boards! :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hi Amber! I remember seeing you from Pokethon a couple years ago!! :D So glad you decided to join us, we're so glad you're here!

I'm in and out due to computer issues, but feel free to reach out to any of us mods and staff floating around if you need anything.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Welcome to Amassment, Amber! ^_^ You'll love it here ;D