I promise to be as notoriously sardonic as usual.

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Aku

I promise to be as notoriously sardonic as usual.

Post by Aku »

Hey dudes and dudettes! I noticed you all tried to lose me by leaving LJ and moving to a forum as soon as I let my guard down, but let me reassure you that you can't get rid of me so easily...
Image J/k, I'm totally excited about this recent development!

For those of you who don't know me, I go by Aku! I've been a member at Amassment since about July 2009 and have been shrining/creating websites for as long as I can remember. If you've seen me around the 'net, it's mostly likely because you're either familiar with that domain that is covered in fabulous and/or muscular dudes 80% of the time, or the shrine that has the ugly guy picking his nose on it. Either way, I'm (probably) happy to make your acquaintance!

Outside of shrining, I work professionally as a UI Designer, hence my passion for webdesign, and recent lack of activity in almost everything domain related... I started working my first full-time design job about a year ago and it has been eating all my time, along with sitting in LA traffic 2+ hours a day. Because of this, I have become intensely skilled at car-aoke.

I am a crazy (and masochistic) gamer when I have the time to be, I like shounen jump marathons, I enjoy pretentious cyberpunk/guro films/books, and will try pretty much any food at least once. So far none of these things have led me into any real disasters.

That's probably enough out of me though! Since I've only been looking out for #1 thus far, I'll go ahead and check out everyone else's introductions now... :swt:
Eden

Re: I promise to be as notoriously sardonic as usual.

Post by Eden »

Akukukuchu! I love your sites and admire your skills as a designer! It seems that most people that do fansites end up getting some sort of degree in designing. Has going to school helped you in some way?

If you like cybyerpunk things, you should read Snow Crash sometime. XD
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol Your intro cracked me up. Welcome Aku! Glad you followed us to the forums! Amassment wouldn't be the same without you. ;)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

*High Fives professional UI designers go!* Welcome to the forums, Aku!

BTW- is your name anyway related to Aku from Samurai Jack? /random question
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Aku!! I was already expecting an awesome Gin gif before clicking your intro link \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

2 hours a day of traffic? o man, do you honk a lot with your fellow drivers?? haha.
aminuet .。. king
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Welcome! I too am curious about where the name Aku is from. Samurai Jack is awesome!
Saya

Post by Saya »

Nice intro.
Welcome to the boards Aku! ^O^/
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

[s]Oh no! You have found us again! Oh noooooo[/s]

AKU WELCOME HERE YAY

Every food, huh? Tell me more. Grasshoppers?
Aku

Post by Aku »

@Eden: Thanks Eden! *3* I'm really happy you joined here too. School helped a ton! I think there's always natural talent and people who have 'an eye' for design, but there is something added about having an intense educational focus for four years that changes a lot of your perceptions and understanding about design. I went to an art school, so it was really intense. XD; Even now, I would say that my hobbies influence my work, and my work influences my hobbies. And I will take a look at Snow Crash! :D

@Todd: Thanks Todd, happy to be here! I'm super excited about the changes Amassment have been going through--the forums are so much fun! I wish I had the free time I used to to lurk around even more. XD There are a lot of discussions I want to jump into and I just don't have the time to consume it all!

@Destinie: Professional UI Designers, what uppp! XD Thanks gurl! The name Aku does not stem from Samurai Jack, but I tell people that anyway LOL. I think it was something I randomly picked when I was like, 12 years old. Aku from Samurai Jack is just an Aku wannabe tbqh.

@Kibumie: LOL I'm so predictable! It's funny you should say that, I did my fair share of honking today... at a Starbucks drive thru of all places...

@Mikari: Thanks Mikari! See reply to Destinie in regards to the name Aku lol... Samurai Jack is INDEED awesome though, brings back some good memories. <33

@Saya: Thank you Saya! <3 Happy to be here.

@Dd: [s]YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM MEEEE[/s]. I actually have eaten grasshopper! I've had them in a taco before. :P And there's a restaurant here that mashes grasshoppers up and puts them in their salsa. To be honest, I couldn't taste them in the salsa, but they definitely didn't ruin anything in my food so they must be good!
Ava

Post by Ava »

Welcome aku! "car-aoke" - I like that! I finally have a name for what I do in my daily 1.5+ hours between Anaheim and Irvine. :light:

Nice touch with the gif. You did not disappoint. :heh:
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.