2014 Events news (plus a small sneak peak)

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Sofia
Administrator

2014 Events news (plus a small sneak peak)

Post by Sofia »

Something new this way comes…. In other words, we have decided to change a few things in how events are run. We hope that these changes will give you more time to work on new shrines, limit the drop out rate, and provide a better organisation in general.

From now on we are going to have three different types of events:

1) Challenges: challenges will replace our former "big marathons". We'll have two challenges per year, each lasting 6 months. This will give you plenty of time to work on your shrine, or even to make more than one shrine (the more the merrier, right? ;)). Also, we are eliminating sign-up/submission deadlines. You can sign up and start working on your site anytime during the challenge, and plug it when you are done. Instead of waiting on one big reveal post where it's hard to give each shrine the attention and recognition it deserves, each challenge will have a sub-forum where you can plug your own shrines when you finish, allowing you to work at your own pace. Seeing others finish and plug their shrines first may even give you some inspiration and motivation for your own!

2) Marathons: these will be the equivalent of our "small marathons", like the One Page One Month marathon we run every year. The difference between marathons and challenges is that marathons will run for a short time only, one-three months, while challenges run for six months.

3) Activities: no name change here :) Activities are special events like our annual Banner Trade. Keep an eye on the Announcement forum because we'd love to hear your opinion on new activities to launch next year and we will soon make a suggestion post dedicated to activities feedback.

Since Christmas is near, we are going to be nice and reveal the first challenge theme, which will be *drum rolls*…non-human characters. The Creature Feature challenge will start 1 January 2014, but you are more than welcome to start thinking about possible subjects.

Mind that all these changes will take effect in 2014, we are posting it early so that you can familiarize with it and, as usual, contact us in case you have questions/doubts :)
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: 2014 Events news (plus a small sneak peak)

Post by Sarah »

This is so exciting! I really like the new set-up of challenges. Since it's more lax it will hopefully lead to more people participating and being able to finish their shrines.

Also I'm super excited for Creature Feature! I already know my subject. :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aaahhhhhh YES TO ALL OF THIS, everything, all of it
nothing more to say, just YAAAAYYYYY
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks, Sofia! Creature Feature is going to be awesome. I have so many ideas: Kimahri from Final Fantasy X, Robo from Chrono Trigger, Ruby from Supernatural, Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman/Rock...
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have a few ideas too! Thank you Sofia.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Everything sounds exciting! And the new marathon, so many ideas!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

Thanks guys! I'm glad to see you liked the changes made by the red team.

I'm very excited about all the new shrines that will be created during Creature Feature. I personally have a couple of possible subjects in my mind…we'll see if they'll actually get online ;)
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Todd wrote:Thanks, Sofia! Creature Feature is going to be awesome. I have so many ideas: Kimahri from Final Fantasy X, Robo from Chrono Trigger, Ruby from Supernatural, Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman/Rock...
For a second I went, wait, but Megaman is a boy...ah wait...right...XD

I'm wondering if this will be a big shrine one, because if it doesn't have to be big, then I have just the right subject! :D
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I believe it can be any size. Because you can make as many as you want in the time you are given. If I'm wrong someone will correct me. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Kotono

Post by Kotono »

I'm glad you're doing away with sign-up deadlines for challenges! It's hard to know if I'll have time to complete a project until I'm in the middle of it, anyway.
"I am the forests. I am the leaves of the trees. My heartbeat is the breath of the earth." --Sailor Jupiter
twitterflavors.me