2014 Events news (plus a small sneak peak)

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Todd

Re: 2014 Events news (plus a small sneak peak)

Post by Todd »

Lol DD.

Yep! Shrines can be any size!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Sounds great! I am excited for this! And AUGHUGH I also want to sign up for this event!! ;0;
anon

Post by anon »

Wow, this is exciting! I like the new marathon set-up. So low pressure!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Momo wrote:Wow, this is exciting! I like the new marathon set-up. So low pressure!
That's the idea! People can be away from Amassment when a challenge starts, come back, feel like creating a shrine, and just check out and see what challenge we have going on at the time and participate on whim. Challenge themes are also broad so people can make multiple sites if they have the time during the six-month period.

We're glad you guys like our changes! Thanks for all the feedback.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Aw love it!! I'm definitely going to participate in that challenge! I have to figure out what to do! Awesome ideas!!!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Yay creature feature!! I'm so looking forward to this! Also, sorry in advance since I wasn't sure where else to ask.

And I need some clarification on "non-human". Does this mean the character is labeled specifically as human? Todd mentioned Ruby from Supernatural, looks human but is not. So, my question is, what is acceptable as far as human appearance? I suppose the focus here is not on appearance as much as essences. But I'm confused about some characters. For instance, Tibarn from the Radiant fire Emblem set has human features but the game (and world) do not define him or his people as human. Same for Panne in FE: Awakening. Would that be acceptable?

Would elves or dwarves be okay too? How about viera?

Basically, my understanding is the character cannot be labeled "human", but I want to make sure. Since you know, dwarves and elves in some worlds are similar to humans. I saw that fairies were acceptable too. Basically, I just have way too many ideas and need to know how narrow and broad the spectrum is allowed.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm not familiar with Tibarn from Fire Emblem, but I have played Awakening, and Panne would definitely be acceptable for Creature Feature!

Dwarves and elves would work too.

Ruby is a demon possessing a human. That's why she would work. The human-model cylons from BSG would work as well, even though they look human. The character just has to be not human.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

That's okay, that's also why I used Panne. I figured she'd be more easily recognized than Tibarn! Tibarn is basically the same concept but a hawk.

Thanks for answering the questions, Todd! It's what I figured but better safe than sorry! I understand fully now! :D
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Sofia
Administrator

Post by Sofia »

For those interested in Creature Feature: if you don't know whether your character(s) can be accepted as a suitable subject, feel free to message us before starting to work on your shrine and we'll look into it :)
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have so many ideas for Creature Feature. I'm really excited. I wonder if I can do them all?

Do half breeds count? Like Terra (Final Fantasy VI), she's half human and half esper. But she identifies with human more, I think. Or just half-human and half-something else? Would that still count?
;o; *** pew! pew!