Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
earthy

Post by earthy »

Is anyone else watching this? On the whole I find it very disappointing, but a Certain Cameo In Second Season made my fangirly heart squee (and will require a brief update to a Certain Website Of Mine--yay!). ^_________________^
Mikari

Re: Avatar: TLOK

Post by Mikari »

Absolutely! I loved the dynamic with Eska, Desna and Bolin. Bolin has become my favorite. I felt that season 1 ended abruptly so I was hoping for a return by the villain, though I did like the plot of season 2... except for the past... I wanted more dragons! Other than that I enjoyed the action scenes and especially Bolin's comedy. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, it would be awesome to see Valrick, Eska and Desna again in the next season.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I am so IN LOVE with LoK! :heart: There is nothing in this show that I don't like. I think I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1, but both were good imo. (I agree season 1 has flaws, but season 2 more than made up for it in my eyes.)

I love all the characters, with Korra, Asami and Tenzin being my favourites. :heart:
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as TLA, but it's still a good show. I also still haven't seen the season 2, though, so it could change my mind! I love Bolin.
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Emma: If you love Bolin then you definitely need to watch season 2. Bolin totally stole the show IMO.

I'm rewatching it right now. XD Overall I enjoy both series. As for the seasons, they both have things that I liked better in one or the other, but I did like both. I'm tempted to say season 2 is my fav, though there were like 2 or 3 episodes I got bored with, where as in season 1 that never happened, albeit there were more episodes in season 2 that I liked more than season one. I liked some of the themes in season 1, though the ending felt anti-climactic. Season 2's ending was certainly big, though I don't like the way it set things up for season 3, it feels like the setting became something entirely different and not in a good way. I'll still give season 3 a chance. It's also hard to say which I enjoyed more, I think I'll leave that at a draw. I love the faster pace of Korra within each episode, though I also miss the overall plot build-up of Airbender as it had more episodes per season to do it.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Book 3 started a week ago guys! :heart: Right now only 4 episodes have aired. Are you guys watching it? What are your thoughts?

Personally I'm really excited and I'm enjoying it so far! Can't wait to see what happens in future episodes! :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've seen up to episode 6 (leaks) I am
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
not fond of Kai so far but let's see where they go with him.
Also I really enjoyed
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Seeing more of Lin's and Toph's back story.It's great to see Valrick again, he's hilarious. Lin's niece doesn't stand out though.
In terms of new characters
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I don't care much for the new "good guys" but the villains look kind of interesting.
I squealed when
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I saw Zuko's dragon, then I squealed again when Eska and Desna made an appearance because I'm such a fan of theirs.
Bolin is still my favorite, with Eska in second place.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I haven't seen the leaks, I'd rather wait for the episodes to come out slowly. XD I want to see more of Lin and Toph's back story, I can't wait for that! I'm glad Valrick will be back, he's my idol, haha. XD Agreed on the villains, they look really interesting. And yay for Zuko! I squealed when I saw him. :heart: And yay for Eska and Desna, I love them!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I finished season 3 of Korra! The last battle felt like it came out of Dragon Ball Z XD it was fun. I liked the season overall, but my favorite is still season 2, the Bolin humor, Noctok and Eska's role are priceless. Season 3 was more serious and the new characters felt like filler, a lot of them could be gone and the story would progress the same. The ending was... a bid disappointing, I expected more cheer, I mean it was technically a victory so what's with all the gloom? I still like season 2 best even if the last battle felt rushed, at least season 3's final battle was epic. I miss Eska, she was so hilarious. Bolin had his funny moments but season 2 was when his humor really had the chance to shine.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I finished watching the whole series not too long ago; I think one of the really high points were how well the villains were done. Amon in season 1 is definitely my favorite antagonist in the Avatar universe, followed by the Red Lotus in season 3. They were legitimately terrifying, but also completely justified.

Also, I really loved how Zaheer comes back in season 4 to make a point about every villain she faced wasn't necessarily wrong, and all of us sitting here were like, THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY SAID SOMETHING.

But yeah, for me, season 1 and 3 were really strong in terms of how the story unfolds, despite a few flaws. Season 2 just kind of moved Korra back to square one, but the storytelling and animation on Avatar Wan capsule episodes were so incredible that it almost shadowed the other parts of the season.

Season 4 started off pretty well and got my hopes up really high because Kuvira (a female villian, yay!) was really interesting. Unfortunately, by the time the finale rolled around, I was so lost in the exposition that it was no wonder it was taken off the network (no kid under the age of 14 would have figured out what was going on). The messaged was supposed to be based around the theme of 'balance', which I totally missed. I was also sorely disappointed with how they handled Kuvira in the end. But hey, at least the end ship was kind of neat!