Essays/Sections

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Essays/Sections

Post by Sarah »

Cherri: Hm, let's see.. you could talk about his minions? The horses he uses. Also discuss some symbolism. Like how he is gray and wears black, and how those colors can relate to nightmares. And the fact that the entrance to his lair is under an old bed..

I would also talk about his relationship with Jack, which is very important. Also, Pitch creates fear, but he has fears of his own. (Children not believing in him anymore.) You could talk about that? And of course you could always provide a little info on his voice actor, Jude Law.

I hope that helps a little! Sorry if anything I mentioned is already covered in the sections you have planned.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Thank you, Sarah. Actually that does help a LOT! I don't feel so lost anymore. I worked out an outline with all this stuff. I was gonna add the lair under the bed in mythology but it works for symbolism too. OH! And his relationship with Sandy as he doesn't quite like him (saying that because I don't wanna spoil it). But Jack is so important.

I hope to get Rise of the Guardians screen shots this upcoming week.

(I'm still up for more help! But feel free to ask for help if you need it too.)
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Cherri- I think another good think to talk about would be his motivations. Why is he attacking children's dreams? What is his motivation for capturing Sandy? This would be different from his role about him playing the villain by talking about why he is the villain.

I think it might also be neat to kind of analyze his character design. Why did the artists make the decisions they did for his design? Was there some kind of significance to certain aspects of his appearance? Why did they choose Jude Law to voice him?

Hope that helps! :D
Saya

Post by Saya »

It also depends if you want to put a section for the Books, Cherri, because Pitch's background is quite awesome. (I for example intend to add to the Bunny's shrine the Pooka section, that is not explained in the movie)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Destinie: Oh thank you! I forgot about why he is a huge jerk...I mean why he antagonizes. Motivation and character design and more on Jude Law. <3 Those are good.

@Saya: I would love to add the book parts (rather than just try to make sense of the wiki pages). Unfortunately I don't know where to start with the books. Any chance I could get your help? I'm curious about this "Pooka section" even though it's for Bunny and not Pitch.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Saya

Post by Saya »

@Cherry - I shall try to find something decent to pass you, because Pitch's background is quite rich and the pooka background at least a part you could use it =)
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
you know for being pitch that did a genocide on the pooka leaving Bunny as the only survivor of his race =)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really want to read the original books from RotG. You two are just making me want to find them even mooooooooore! ;o;
Saya

Post by Saya »

@Cherri - I just ordered the books, so as soon as I have something on pitch I shall pass it to you

@Destinie - ah........ I was figting getting them for months.... but now that I decided to do the Bunny shrine.... had to get it, because one of the 3 novels is dedicated to him, so YEAH (and MiM and Sandy have picture books, ART IS FANTASTIC) can't wait to get them.

So yeah, I'll put also, at least with Bunny the book section, because with Frost I don't know how much he apears in the books ._./
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Saya: Thank you so much! I kinda hate Pitch now but I'm still gonna do this! I was able to find the book (the 3 chapters, 2 pictures) at Barnes and Noble but I think I have to wait until my birthday for them which in in June. So you are quite amazing passing some info. *hugs* I'm not sure if Jack will appear at all in the books but I'm hoping he does, since Bunny doesn't seem to like him much and Tooth's fairies seem to have a crush on him.

@Destinie: I think you should get them. They are books and cute and that's really all I got.
;o; *** pew! pew!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Let's see, I'm needing some help expanding my Pooka Shrine. I have at least five places I could write essays. And, I'm sure you all know that I can write TONS of stuff. But I'd like to combine sections, include more images and such. Wild Arms 2 is kind of unknown (and that saddens me). So, I want to see what people would like to see in way of Pooka (other than him being totally adorable). It also doesn't help that Pooka is Tim's sidekick and is there only because of Tim (whom I love too). It's very hard to separate the two, but I'm going to focus on their relationship from Pooka's perspective!

1., 2., 3., etc are navigation menu notes (hah)
> designates an essay
a.,b., etc designate main points in essays.

Mandate of Heaven: Pooka Shrine (rough draft outline)
1. Pooka
a. Who is Pooka and what does he do?
b. Why does Snow love Pooka?
> Sense of Self and relationship with Tim
> Physical appearance (somehow related to Lucied?)

2. Sub Spirit of the Guardians
> Who are the Guardians?
a. What is the purpose of the Guardians?
> What is the role of the Sub Spirit?
> What is the Pillar?

3. Pillar Challenges
> Tim becoming the Pillar and Combo
> What it means to be the Pillar.
> Rey Point Wing and Hi Combo

4. Clique/Rotation
-Claim a Creature
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.