Essays/Sections

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
SnowRayjah

Re: Essays/Sections

Post by SnowRayjah »

Nyx, I think your outline looks BEAUTIFUL and covers A LOT. I'm sure that your site is fantastic! If you've run out of things to say it looks (to me) because you've covered everything humanly possible. :3
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

So I changed my subject to Luxio and started writing. I'm about 3 essays in. This is the outline that I wrote up:

1.0 Basic information
1.1 Profile
1.2 Appearance
1.3 Movesets
1.4 Breeding
1.5 Pokedex
1.6 Key anime episodes
2.0 Analysis & Speculation
2.1 Inspiration
2.2 Name
2.3 Lions as symbols of power
2.4 Shinx line personalities vs real lions
2.5 Comparison to Pyroar line
2.6 Personal Thoughts
3.0 Misc and links
3.1 Links out
3.2 Link in
3.3 Credits & site information

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good pages, especially game-related ones? I like the ideas I came up with but I don't want to just duplicate information and copy stuff from my Meowth shrine. I am trying to think of more unique things to write about. (I'm really stretching since Luxio is kind of a minor character. I should be good at writing about Minor characters by now, though. HAHA)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

It looks like it's my turn to ask for help! I'm working on my Vulpix shrine and I really want it to be as good and as complete as possible, but I'm having a hard time coming up with interesting sections/essays. I have the usual sections (basic, pokedex entries, learnset, strategy, where to find, etc.), but I really want to add more interesting stuff.

I was going to add the obvious "Origins" section and I was thinking of adding a section about foxes (which is obviously the animal that inspired Vulpix's design), another one about kitsune or Japanese folklore foxes, an "Alter Ego" section where I compare Vulpix to other foxes-like characters in other series and a Vulpix vs Fennekin section, where I compare Vulpix and the newest firefox starter. What do you think? Should I add anything else? Are the sections interesting enough?
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really like the pages where you can compare the Pokemon to its real-world counterpart or writing about the kind of mythology it's based on. I also think an essay for other fox pokemon would be cool! (Because aside from Fennekin there's also Zorua, Zoroark, possibly Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam and that's all I can think of right now.)

Oh! I think it might also be cool to talk about Brock and the breeder he gets Vulpix from in the anime. And then maybe talk about Brock and Vulpix's relationship. The Vulpix becomes really important to him that at times he forgets that he has 3 other Pokemon. XD

The other sections you have sound really great, too! Looking forward to seeing it! ^O^
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I might write a little bit about Zorua, I hadn't thought of adding a comparison page for it because, well... I don't know much about Zorua, haha XD But I might add it in the future!

I was thinking about writing a page for Brock's Vulpix, but... I really can't remember anything about the relationship between them. I remember the episode where Brock receives Vulpix quite well, so I could write about Vulpix's appearance in the anime, but I can't remember much else aside from that. :( Again, I might add more about the anime in the future... I think I wouldn't be able to put the shrine online soon if I start rewatching the Pokemon anime now. XD;

But thanks for the suggestions, Destinie! :heart:
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Sure, no prob! :) You can always add to your shrine when you feel like it. I am just looking forward to seeing your Vulpix shrine. :3
Saya

Post by Saya »

Ok, I'm having huuuuuge problems with sections for Olaf - can't seem to start on that shrine because I don't know how to divide it aside:

- intro
- frozen
- olaf
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Saya I have a suggestion for your Olaf shrine. Why not combine the first 2 bullets into one?

- Introduction: Include information on Frozen, the background, the story, etc.

And then break out the third bullet into all about Olaf. I haven't seen the movie yet but here are some suggestions:

-His birth
-His role
-Personality & interaction with other characters
-I heard he has a song? Why not post links to it on youtube or have a section with the lyrics. Maybe talk about the meaning behind it?
-You can compare him to other snowmen characters, too! That would be fun.

Hope this helps. ^^;
Saya

Post by Saya »

Uuuuuh Desti - awesome ideas *O*/ thank you
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I'm having some doubts about my in-depth sections, like Kitsune and Alter Ego... I was thinking of including the nine-tailed mythological foxes and in which other media they appear, but maybe they'd fit a shrine to Ninetales more rather than one to Vulpix? I'm not sure. :(