Screen Resolutions

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Screen Resolutions

Post by Sarah »

My laptop is also 1366 x 768. :) Although I haven't had it terribly long, so most of my sites' current layouts were made for my last computer's resolution of 1024 x 768.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Tablets and netbooks are often 1024, fun to think that's what used to be HUGE SCREEN OMG, haha

Todd: This will be of your interest fghjk

Neo: It's that I design in percentages of whatever the screen width is, so it should scale to reasonable things no matter what. So if I know that the content box is 40% of the screen, it's 40% of the screen even if the screen is three miles wide, lol. The only thing you need to pay attention with that approach is scaling down, but that's easier to test since you can just resize your window, heh.
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol OMG.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Yeah, like dragoneyes I usually work at a 1200px-wide canvas. My layouts rarely get that wide but it gives me plenty of space to work with and very few people will have issues. The internet has gotten to a point where if people are running lower resolutions, my websites are not the only ones they're going to have issues with -- most websites are optimized for that size these days.
tonight fate is the
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I usually design for a minimum of 1024x768 and rarely do fullscreen layouts. However, I've been into Bootstrap which makes it easy to convert your UI to a smaller resolution due to media queries. WOO!

I'm not sure what my resolution is at home...I use 2 screens: my laptop and my desktop monitor. I'll have to get back to you on that. xD