Your favorite video game?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
anon

Re: Your favorite video game?

Post by anon »

Eden wrote:You can always play Earthbound on a SNES emulator. /shrugs
It's better to buy official releases if you can.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I love emus. Official releases are near impossible to find at times.
Yamila

Post by Yamila »

Hey, I play a lot of ROMs too o: both SNES and Sega Genesis. I even have emus on my phone xD

ditto to Mikari, official releases are nearly impossible to find. Especially here. x_x Most of the time it's far easier to find a bootleg than an official game, lol...
· watch out, the night is breaking ·
stalking ur sites with Masao, Dragoneyes & Saya · [ directory team ]
Eden

Post by Eden »

Mikari wrote:I love emus. Official releases are near impossible to find at times.
This. I'm mostly a PC gamer though and I buy mostly indie games (I can afford those XD)

I play almost all of my console games on emulators aside from owning a Wii but it's got homebrew on it, my Gamecube is modified, and so is my PS2.

I will buy an official release if the price is justifiable and I really enjoyed playing it on the emulator, but otherwise, I stick with emus. (heck one of our programs is designed to work with snes emulator bindings for speed running games :P)
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
anon

Post by anon »

IDK, man, to each to their own. I'm not saying Skyward Sword doesn't have its own flaws because it certainly does, and I agree it did focus too much on motion controls, but it's what Nintendo has to deal with for even introducing Motion Plus in the first place.

Edit: Holy balls I realized I posted this in the wrong thread
Last edited by anon on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Hmm, my all-time favorite game would have to be Wave Race 64. Gorgeous graphics, smooth-as-butter controls, and fluid wave dynamics make it a keeper.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I don't like motion controls, it feels like it makes game makers focus more on that rather than the actual game, plot, etc. It's about creative yet possible ways to move, rather than an original storyline, well developed characters, pretty graphics and nice music, which are the parts I actually like. I pretty much shunned the Wii because of it, but now they're all doing it. It's like back when I was terribly disappointed because the N64 wasn't finger-gamer friendly and I turned to my keyboard (and emus) to game with my fingers. I got used to thumbs with the PSP, but that took time and I never got to the same finger level... which I lost with lack of practice anyway. But yeah, anyway, I don't like motion controls. D:
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms 2nd Igintion, Wild Arms 5, Tales of Graces f, Tales of the Abyss, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII and XII, Star Fox 64, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Yakuza series, Devil May Cry series (still working on 4), Castlevania lament of innocence (or was it sorrow; I can never remember), and there are a lot more but I just wanted to name some. I also like co-op games that lets me work with a partner and not against them.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I still need to DL Legend of Dragoon, I got it at the PSN but don't have it saved yet.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Let me know when you get it, I can help...kinda. Hur hur. I also forgot to list Fire Emblem, I'm not too great at it.
;o; *** pew! pew!