Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinion?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
neo

Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinion?

Post by neo »

Hello! I was searching for something today and this topic came up on an old forum post. I thought it would be fun to share with you guys and see who everyone thought was the worst.

My worst was definitely Rinoa Heartilly from Final Fantasy VIII.
Image Final Fantasy VIII was my first JRPG. At first, I really liked her. But, as a party member, I seriously could not stand her and being forced to have her in my party at times was an absolute pain. It didn't help I didn't bother to level her up much, I will admit, but I just couldn't stand her being a part of my main party. You're so weak Rinoa omggg;;;.

I also feel like she contributed massively to diminish Squall's character. He had his own flaws, and an ice cold attitude but I feel he was a very 'real' character despite what his relationship with Rinoa defined him as.

Who is your's :content: ?
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Todd

Re: Who/What are the worst party members ever in your opinio

Post by Todd »

Saya

Post by Saya »

Neo, I'm on board with yours, I had so many problems with her, and OMFG hated it when had to have her in the party, and I totally agree about everything you said XD - so seconding yours totally XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Todd wrote:Image
OH cxfGVHBJKLò

Hey, though, at least it evolves! (I don't like Gyarados design-wise but at least it can attack...)

I'm gonna go with
Image Pollon from Luminous Arc.
He has scary high attack BUT HIS HIT CHANCE IS LIKE 15%
THAT'S JUST CRUEL, WHY WOULD YOU PROGRAM THAT
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Honestly I have no idea. I've been thinking on this long and hard and all I've been able to figure out is the characters I don't like don't suck in combat, and the characters that I do like suck in combat.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Crystal: Though at least that doesn't apply to Pokémon, isn't it? :P Your favorites seem well-rounded enough to me!
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

dubiousdisc wrote:I'm gonna go with
Image Pollon from Luminous Arc.
He has scary high attack BUT HIS HIT CHANCE IS LIKE 15%
THAT'S JUST CRUEL, WHY WOULD YOU PROGRAM THAT
This x 100000000. I rarely used him because he never hit anything. OH GEE, you wanna join - AWESOME. but could you please do more than act as a meat shield? /Nevermind Heath and Kai don't require your assistance anyways.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I have a really long list. ^-^; But I'll try to keep it down. Haha, Magikarp.

Keina Swaya in Atelier Meruru. Okay, so she can heal and it's kind nice and maybe if I actually raise this Mary Sue up she'd be helpful. But no, her personality kills it for me.

Lucille Ernella in Atelier Escha & Logy is similar to Keina, not so Mary Sue and more like rice. Same fighting style though.

And I don't remember Pollen. I'm pretty sure I got him but I can't seem to remember him. Snow probably told me not to use him because he is useless.
;o; *** pew! pew!
neo

Post by neo »

OMGOODNESS, Magikarp XD!!! I snorted when I seen that on this post! I suppose Kakuna could be a part of that as well~!

~~~~~~ SPLASH ~~~~~~

I am not familiar with the Atelier Games or Luminous Arc, but I will take all of your words for it! Is the Pollon guy like a Seal or a Walrus? lol
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

I usually tend to go for powerful and quick parties, so I usually tend to ignore any character that doesn't deal much damage or that is particularly slow.

@neo I think I actually never physically used Rinoa aside from when I was actually forced to have her in the party. Same thing for Selphie (though it pained me since I love her as character).
This dragon wishes you the best luck.