LDB of Rokuro.nu here :)

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
LadyDB

Re: LDB of Rokuro.nu here :)

Post by LadyDB »

Aku wrote:
LadyDB wrote:I know Countdown! Just didn't join it. You notice how TCGs just aren't what they used to be? These days, with the few that are out there, they normally don't stick around long. You know, me and Mousey are discussing still opening that DB TCG!! I'll post here if it ever happens, lol.

Hey, if you ever need a partner in TCG crime, let me know! xD
I did some scouting a few weeks ago because I was considering taking a TCG idea Kula and I worked on and starting it up again, and I did notice the lack of active/quality TCGs. :( It's a shame! Quite a fun hobby and I've met a lot of lifelong friends though it, haha. I'd totally join if you guys decided to work on the TCG! :)

And totally, I'm actually really happy to talk to someone from the TCG realm as it's very close to my heart! XD
OooOOoo may I ask what TCG idea that is? xD I agree, also made tons of friends. But sadly, most have disappeared as well. I think Cassidy is still around, but I do miss Lenners and a few others. I don't know what's worse--that they somehow got bored of TCGs as a whole and left or that I am still here, lol.

Hi Saya! xD *glomp*
~ Lady DinoBug
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Nice to meet you Lady! I've looked through some of your domains. I'll be honest I'm not really familiar with the subjects you've shrined but they look beautiful. ^-^ I'm happy you joined up. I love making new friends.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Saya

Post by Saya »

LadyDB wrote:
Aku wrote:
LadyDB wrote:I know Countdown! Just didn't join it. You notice how TCGs just aren't what they used to be? These days, with the few that are out there, they normally don't stick around long. You know, me and Mousey are discussing still opening that DB TCG!! I'll post here if it ever happens, lol.

I did some scouting a few weeks ago because I was considering taking a TCG idea Kula and I worked on and starting it up again, and I did notice the lack of active/quality TCGs. :( It's a shame! Quite a fun hobby and I've met a lot of lifelong friends though it, haha. I'd totally join if you guys decided to work on the TCG! :)

And totally, I'm actually really happy to talk to someone from the TCG realm as it's very close to my heart! XD
OooOOoo may I ask what TCG idea that is? xD I agree, also made tons of friends. But sadly, most have disappeared as well. I think Cassidy is still around, but I do miss Lenners and a few others. I don't know what's worse--that they somehow got bored of TCGs as a whole and left or that I am still here, lol.

Hi Saya! xD *glomp*
OMG YOU TWO ARE TALKING TCGs here.

I actually own Folklore tcg.... and well, I got handed down rapture (yaoi one - which I need to find out if there is at all interest in that one, so I can take it off hiatus); but I get it, lot of the tcgs have low participation or just simple close after two months... I wanted to make a CLAMP tcg, and it's still a project because I don't know if anyone would be interested in XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

@Cherri -- Thank you for the compliments, that's so nice of you to take the time to go through my network ^_^
Saya wrote:
LadyDB wrote:
Aku wrote:

Hi Saya! xD *glomp*
OMG YOU TWO ARE TALKING TCGs here.

I actually own Folklore tcg.... and well, I got handed down rapture (yaoi one - which I need to find out if there is at all interest in that one, so I can take it off hiatus); but I get it, lot of the tcgs have low participation or just simple close after two months... I wanted to make a CLAMP tcg, and it's still a project because I don't know if anyone would be interested in XD
OMG SAYA! I'm working on a CCS TCG! Remember Claimpaign?

I joined Folklore!!! When it first opened. But then I had to quit because of work and school. And Rapture! Yay to yaoi! There used to be some great Yaoi TCGs out there, haven't played Rapture though. I'm sure it's great. ^0^ I think there's still interest! In both yaoi and CLAMP! Keep going, Saya, I want to join a CLAMP TCG! xD *is far too excited*
~ Lady DinoBug
Aku

Post by Aku »

LadyDB wrote:OooOOoo may I ask what TCG idea that is? xD I agree, also made tons of friends. But sadly, most have disappeared as well. I think Cassidy is still around, but I do miss Lenners and a few others. I don't know what's worse--that they somehow got bored of TCGs as a whole and left or that I am still here, lol.
Yes! We sort of soft-launched the site to garner interest with a teaser page a few years ago when we were planning it--it was Studio 1/4. :) It actually did get quite a lot of interest, but we didn't end up going through with it. A couple weeks ago I toyed with the idea of launching it on my own & seeing where it might go, but I haven't committed to it. XD Another idea I thought of doing (because the idea of doing a general anime TCG can be a massive undertaking) is focusing on the Shounen Jump genre and creating a TCG around that. But again... I'm afraid to put in a ton of work, as there just doesn't seem to be as much interest in TCGs as there used to be. (Although I definitely think a high quality TCG could bring them back!)

And I totally know how you feel, haha. :( I miss my TCG buddies too... I think sometimes it is not just a lack of interest in TCGs, but also loss of interest in particular fandoms.
Saya wrote:OMG YOU TWO ARE TALKING TCGs here.

Saya!! I know Folklore TCG. :) I'm so happy to hear people other than just me talking about TCGs, because I really thought it was a dying site type haha. I remember Rapture (not really a big yaoi fan, but I feel like you wouldn't go wrong reviving that type of TCG genre XD), and I think that a CLAMP TCG would just be so beautiful. Their art would make for some lovely cards. T_T
Saya

Post by Saya »

I really miss the CLAMP one - Folklore for now is going quite ok. But I don't know, lot of people aren't really around, the only one that I think it has lot of people is Pairings the DW one.

I'm slowly working on the CLAMP one - CLAMPholic XD will have divided in Artbook (color images), manga (BW), anime and puzzles - which will be divided in: characters, relationships, series, idk. (trying to understand how to make the sets hack for mytcg to work XD

I need to send the emails to all members of rapture to see if there is actually interest in doing it. If yes, I need to do some work on games and forum.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Yes! We sort of soft-launched the site to garner interest with a teaser page a few years ago when we were planning it--it was Studio 1/4. :) It actually did get quite a lot of interest, but we didn't end up going through with it. A couple weeks ago I toyed with the idea of launching it on my own & seeing where it might go, but I haven't committed to it. XD Another idea I thought of doing (because the idea of doing a general anime TCG can be a massive undertaking) is focusing on the Shounen Jump genre and creating a TCG around that. But again... I'm afraid to put in a ton of work, as there just doesn't seem to be as much interest in TCGs as there used to be. (Although I definitely think a high quality TCG could bring them back!)

And I totally know how you feel, haha. :( I miss my TCG buddies too... I think sometimes it is not just a lack of interest in TCGs, but also loss of interest in particular fandoms.
Hoooooo my god that looks so pretty! I'm so sad it didn't come to fruition! :C I know what you mean though, it's such a massive undertaking, and TCGs just aren't as simple as they used to be. I mean, I'm hesitant to make one because I don't know all that fancy JAVA and flash and I can't make games and stuff like, say, Mugiwara. I just wonder if members would mind playing the same old...you know, password gate games, lol.

But you know, I've been considering starting off something small and easy just to get the ball rolling. Hence a single anime TCG. I mean, if I'm gonna be doing it alone.

@Saya -- I'm interested! Keep me in the loop if you go ahead with it, I'd totally join. ^0^
~ Lady DinoBug
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Welcome to Amassment! :D I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here!
Aku

Post by Aku »

LadyDB wrote:Hoooooo my god that looks so pretty! I'm so sad it didn't come to fruition! :C I know what you mean though, it's such a massive undertaking, and TCGs just aren't as simple as they used to be. I mean, I'm hesitant to make one because I don't know all that fancy JAVA and flash and I can't make games and stuff like, say, Mugiwara. I just wonder if members would mind playing the same old...you know, password gate games, lol.

But you know, I've been considering starting off something small and easy just to get the ball rolling. Hence a single anime TCG. I mean, if I'm gonna be doing it alone.
Thank you! ;~; I would really love to make Studio 1/4 happen, but maybe at a lesser scale. Knowing there are some interested parties here at Amassment (& probably outside of it) I might consider working on a TCG again for real! I for sure can't code anything super fancy either... but I think TCGs are not about fancy games as much as they are about beautiful decks, stability in updates and a good, fun community. :yay:

And totally agree with you on starting small! Even though Countdown was a big TCG during it's heyday, I think it made it a lot easier for me that it was just a small segment of J-music that I was familiar with, and not the entirety of J-music. It's a difficult balance though... sometimes if you get too niche it's also hard to get members. :bleh:
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

SO LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS LATER

Hello and welcome to amassment! I hope you will like it here!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone