Ever wanna make a shrine just because character is pretty?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Crystal

Re: Ever wanna make a shrine just because character is prett

Post by Crystal »

I tried making a shrine to Yuna once because I love her so much but I had never played the game at the time so it fell through.

There are a couple Fire Emblem: Awakening characters I am tempted to do this with (one just because I have a pet named after her that I use a lot for raids), but yeah. I'm trying to limit that.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

@ Larissa - Yeah, that's what I mean too, it makes you want to play the game to get to know them ^_^

@ Destinie - LOL Okay, so I'm glad you know what I'm talking about, haha. The way a character is designed can be super appealing, right?

@ dubiousdisc - Then I hope you never experience that because it can drive you crazy since you have no idea where to go beyond the fact that you like them! lol

@ Todd - THAT is crazy. I had no idea people did stuff like that, lol. Why own the fanlisting if....you don't even know the game. That's odd. Maybe sometimes people feel like a weird connection or something to it based on articles they've read or stuff they've seen regarding the character? I dunno...

@ Aku - Me too!! When a character I like is pretty, I'm like, "OH GOD I NEED MORE LAYOUTS WITH YOUR FACE." It's definitely motivational too. :)

@ Crystal - Right, like you like the character but then when it comes down to it, you're like, "Soooo where dod I go from here." I also tried making a Yuna shrine despite not playing the game and it also fell through. I tried to go based on Youtube videos, but I realized it was too in depth a game for me to attempt that.
~ Lady DinoBug
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I haven't made a shrine based only on a character being pretty, but I have started watching certain series or playing games because a character is pretty. I need a pretty character to give me that initial interest and I have to like that character to make me keep stalking I mean watching.

This has happened mostly with bishounen though I remember my initial reason for watching Kaleido Star was because of a AMV where the background looked pretty, beautiful acrobatic stage performances are a big part of the series so no wonder it looked pretty. I was looking for general overall cuteness when I started Puella Magi Madoka Magica... I got that and so much more.

Back on the topic of bishounen, Reno and Sephy got me into Final Fantasy VII, which got me into Final Fantasy in general... Yes, Advent Children was my first FF experience :o Though I have played the remakes of older games since, that was what started it all, because it's so pretty.
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

I've never made a shrine only because a character was pretty, mostly because the first reaction I've when I like a character's design is "oooooh, let me know everything about you!" and so I end up watching the series/playing the game and then, if they proved to be as interesting as they looked, I actually make a shrine for them.

I've watched very weird and unkown anime because of that XD
This dragon wishes you the best luck.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

LadyDB wrote:and that green haired girl from Grandia.
FEENA! <3 Haha, sorry, whenever someone mentions Grandia I go into extreme fangirl-mode!

Well, like other people said, I wouldn't say I would shrine a character just because they were pretty, but I would definitely check out the series they're from and know more about them and then I might decide to make a shrine for them. Certain characters I already know I'm gonna like them (I have a type), but I want to see them in action first to make sure I really like them. Usually I'll be intrigued by a character or think I'm gonna like them and then when I check out the series I fall in love with their personality or story arc and then I really feel like making a shrine to them because I end up really loving them. (This has happened recently with Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender).
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@LDB: Haha, yeah. I got as far as making a layout and that was it. I had a friend who did offer to do the research for me but that never went anywhere. Oh well. Not that I've played the game I might get somewhere with it but I still need to beat the game yet.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@LadyDB: Omg, yes and you pretty much listed a few of them in your list ;D And if I don't have the game, I'll pretty much cheat and watch a walkthrough of the game online XD;
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

there are a lot of characters i love because they are pretty, but im not sure if i would have time/energy to make a shrine for them. @_@ i guess thats what physical fanlistings were for? do they even exist anymore?

ANYWAYS... i have a big girl crush on Fang from FF13. She makes me swoon, but i dunno if i could make a shrine for her. I really want to for Vanille though.

Also Edea from ff8, so regal and amazing. :inlove:

another list:
Birdy from Tetsuwan Birdy
Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon
Nanai from Avalon Code
Shiva from the FF series
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Sometimes I love a character's design so much I wish I had a shrine to them, definitely. I'm choosy about what subjects I make shrines to though so I'd never make one based on that, especially since there's so many characters who I think look super cool (and have awesome color schemes! and official artwork!) but I don't even like, lol.

(More often than that though I think of awesome names for shrines I'll never build because I don't want to shrine that character... I can't think of names for sites I do want to build but I'm great at thinking of names for the ones I don't!)
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.