Beyond the Sky: Cid !@#$% Highwind

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Aku

Re: Beyond the Sky: Cid !@#$% Highwind

Post by Aku »

Larissa, I haven't had the chance to read through this all yet but the information you've provided awesome and the layout is SO lovely! *w* I'm a fan of all the Cids in FF so it's so nice to see a shrine. <3 Also, all these series collectives going up are really inspiring, I'm totally in the mood to shrine. XD; Isn't it weird how when you're sick you're motivated? Sometimes I think it's because it helps you ignore the pain, lol.

Congrats on the shrine & awesome job! I'll read through the rest of it later tonight for sure. So excited to see your resurgence of shrines, lol!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I'm so happy you got to expand like you wanted. ^-^ I remember asking you a couple months ago if you were gonna do it. And WHABAM! Here it is. I love the layout colors.
;o; *** pew! pew!
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Wow Larissa, what a great site. I don't know Cid, but I definitely feel like I know him now. What a beautiful layout, by the way. I love it when layout don't have a contained look but are kind of open world, if that makes sense.

Also, your media gallery is huge! Holy crap!

I also LOVE your collective! It's so pretty! It makes me want to finish some FF sites I'm working on for the sake of being listed on such a pretty site! It's so neat and organized.

Great job! :D <3
~ Lady DinoBug
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Cherri: ngl, you asking me about it helped motivate me, haha! So thank you :heart: I'm really glad I got it done after all these years. C:

Aku & LadyDB: Thank you both! :star:
tonight fate is the
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Aw, it's great that you were able to make this after wanting to for so long! It's really wonderful, Larissa. I'm not too familiar with Cid; I know him in Kingdom Hearts, but that's it. (And even that has been a while.) I still had fun reading through it, of course. I think the page on Shera is really interesting and I like that you didn't sugarcoat the nature of Cid's and her relationship. Also, on the "intro" page, I think it's really cool how you tell people how they can play the game.

And of course the layout is beautiful. Congrats on opening it! :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thanks, Sarah! I'm really glad you were able to enjoy it even without knowing the source material.

Thanks especially for your comments on the Shera page -- that one was really important to me to write, because I felt it was important to discuss Cid's behavior without excusing it. It's something that's rarely talked about in fandom, which made it all the more important for me to talk about.

I did totally copy my Squall site's intro, but hey, the format worked ;D
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Awesome! Cid rocks! Well you know how the inspiration bunnies are, they tackle you when you least expected and don't care what condition you're in, they demand attention. XD

I'd love to see a remake. It might bring more people into the fandom and get some more love for the original story like Crisis Core did for Zack. It took me a long time to get over my displike for blocky polygons so I played FFVII rather late after Advent Children made me want to get to know those characters. I admit my nostalgia soft spot is for pixels, I just find them to be so much cuter than the early stages of polygons. None the less, I did enjoy FFVII and I'd be just as happy with an HD remake as with a 16bit one, I just want to see it coming alive again. (I know there's an 8bit version but 16bit was a bigger part of my childhood so that would really get me nostalgic XD)

Okay I've gone off topic long enough, sorry about that, back to Cid. I like how you went into detail with his character, motivations and how he changes over time. I liked how you gave extra attention to the key events that help shape him as a character.
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

I swear to God, I could've sworn I commented on this thread. Well, I definitely meant to because I loved the website. First of all, your layout is gorgeous! I love how unrestricted it is. I know nothing of this character until reading your shrine, but it suits him. He's got a great look!

Wow, this shrine is so packd with information! Definitely the to-go place for any fans of this character! One of my favorite pages was the "Remake Cid" one. I had no idea there were potential talks of remaking FF7, that would be awesome! I've alway wanted to play it, though you do mention liking the old game fine. ^_^

Also love those Advent children screencaps. My god, he is FINE. I really love the fanlisting you got on there too! So glad you have it, you deserve it! ^_^ Okay, I'll finish up, I always go on and on with these posts, lol.

Lastly, I love the About the Site page. You ever knew you had so much to say about him! And it shows! Your content is incredible. I also loved your media section, wow, so much fun stuff. I listened to the music while reading through your site. :)
~ Lady DinoBug
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thanks, Mikari! <3 Yeah, there are definitely a lot of different opinions on the inevitable remake, but I really just want to see it updated, honestly.

@LadyDB: Well, you did already comment (on this very page!), but thank you for the second one! :heart: I appreciate that you took the time to come back, haha. Thanks! (And glad to hear you checked out the music! I had a lot of fun putting that section together.)
tonight fate is the
LadyDB

Post by LadyDB »

Larissa, I swear I scrolled this page about 6 times and never saw my post. Feel so stupid, lol.
~ Lady DinoBug