Second to None

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Crystal

Second to None

Post by Crystal »

Anyone remember that secret Fire Emblem: Awakening shrine I said I was working on? Yeah, this was it.

I am happy to finally present Second to None, my shrine to Cordelia from the video game Fire Emblem: Awakening. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna finish it but after adding a new page to Lucina I found a burst of motivation to start working on Cordelia again. I'm really happy with how it all turned out. :D

Let me know what you guys think!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Chibi

Re: Second to None

Post by Chibi »

Crystal, I love it! :heart: Cordelia is my favourite character from Awakening and I adore your tribute to her! It was a pleasure to read and made me discover a couple new traits of this character (like Cordelia's unrequited love for Chrom, which I never noticed when I played the game... aww, poor girl! Also the whole part about her daughter was interesting, as in my game no one has children, haha). Also, the layout is very pretty!

Great job! :star:
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I've been meaning to play this game forever! So while I'm not going to read too much to avoid spoilers, I will say that it looks fantastic! Congrats on getting it done, and I look forward to reading it when I can. :)
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Chibi: Thanks Chibi! Cordelia is one of my favorites too. You have to do the children thing! It's fun seeing some of the conversations between parent and child.

@Emma: You really should! It's super fun and easy to get into. Thanks Emma! :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is awesome! Very well done. :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

I read the whole thing in one sitting. Great job, Crystal, and congrats on getting it done! I love the name Second to None. It fits Fire Emblem and Cordelia wonderfully.

I loved reading about her unrequited love for Chrom as well. When I played the game, I stopped reading the conversations in the barracks, so I completely missed it. I'm going to pay closer attention in my next playthrough!

I LOVE the in-game section. Fire Emblem has so many skills that benefit different characters. It was fun reading which ones you choose for Cordelia and why.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Mikari and Todd!

@Todd: Yeah in a lot of her conversations she hints a lot at being in love with someone which is Chrom.

Yeah I thought it would be fun to do something like that. I had tons of fun writing it. :D
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I love it! I just got her in my game. And I'm really upset that she cannot marry Chrom. I think he's already married in my game but that's besides the point! I really like Cordelia (mostly because of your shrine). At first I thought it might be to Cordelia from Buffy/Angel but when I asked more questions it was to the super cute Pegasus Knight. ^-^ She's staying in my army!!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Hehe, yeah. That's mostly why I made my male avatar marry her (I called him Wesley). I absolutely love her though. I'm sure if I really wanted to I could make a shrine for Cordelia from Buffy/Angel too. I also really like her too. I'm upset that she can't marry Chrom either. If she could I wonder what it would have been like.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

^-^ Aww that's so cute! If you want to, do it. If not that's okay too. <3 I bet she would have been super devoted and loving.
;o; *** pew! pew!