Woman In Black

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Cherri

Woman In Black

Post by Cherri »

I made a Lulu shrine. This is the shrine I was talking about on Twitter. It's finished for now. I can still go back and add things and corrections too. This is the first time I did a lot of these pages.

;o; *** pew! pew!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Woman In Black

Post by Larissa »

Lulu!! :heart: Awesome to see a site for her.

This is lovely. It's been a while since I've seen symbolism pages on fansites; they were interesting to read through. (I've also never seen a picture of Chappu before -- how is he supposed to resemble Tidus?!) I also really liked the journey section. Awesome job!
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Chappu is actually in the game at the Farplane. Wakka is talking to him while Tidus visits Yuna. You can choose to talk to Wakka while he's talking to Chappu, and he asks for more time.

Anyway, this is awesome, Cherri! I have always been dismayed at the lack of Lulu shrines on the net. It feels a little odd not having Wakka under love interests. Aside from that, everything looks great! I love the symbolism pages too. I feel like you can go even deeper eventually. BELTS for example. I like how you discussed that she wore black likely out of mourning. That never crossed my mind; I thought it was a goth thing, associated with black magic. Lulu reminds me of a witch.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When you marathon a game things kinda bleed together, haha. (The painkillers I was on at the time for my wisdom teeth didn't help.)
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I was totally wrong on who I thought it was, but this is even better! I already told you on Twitter, but I love it. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Larissa wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When you marathon a game things kinda bleed together, haha. (The painkillers I was on at the time for my wisdom teeth didn't help.)
Haha, no worries. Many fans miss Chappu during playthroughs, because you don't have to talk to Wakka to move the game forward, and the game is focusing on Tidus' mom and Yuna's father at that time. I tend to look around a lot more in subsequent playthroughs.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations on finishing your secret project! It's awesome, you went into a lot of detail and its really well written. The layout is pretty too. :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I loved reading your shrine, Cherri! You have a good writing style that is easy to read and that keeps the reader's attention. Also, I adore the layout!

Great job! :heart:
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

@Larissa: Thank you so much! Maybe the boys have similar eyes?

@Todd: Thank you. I don't consider Wakka to be a love interest, he's her husband and in family. Love interest aren't always around or obtainable. I never really considered Lulu a goth but I'll agree with witch. Red eyes and all. ^-^ I left it open to go back and add to because I'm really excited to have a Lulu Shrine.

@ Crystal: Who did you think it was to? I'm really curious. And thank you!

@Mikari: Thank you! I was really worried about the writing and at the same time I was like "my site, I don't care". But I'm happy it turned out so nice.

@Chibi: Thank you!! That means a lot to hear. I get really self conscience with my writing. So I'm feeling really good about it now. <3
;o; *** pew! pew!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Cherri wrote:@ Crystal: Who did you think it was to? I'm really curious. And thank you!
For some reason I was thinking of that girl from Bravely Default. I'm not sure of her name.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.