What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Juhi

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Juhi »

I'm currently playing London Detective Story 2 (iPod otome game where you can romance Sherlock Holmes and friendzzz) and Virtua Fighter 5 FS (PS3/Xbox360). I might get onto my backlog with Ridge Racer later next week.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I finally picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It's somehow even prettier than that last one :O. I just need to get back into the swing of playing it, seeing as I'm killing myself all the damn time...
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Joe wrote:
Destinie wrote:
Joe wrote:I'm currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and it's a ball of rage-the-freaking-quit and meh. I'm in the fifth dungeon, Snowpeak Ruins, as of this post, but I honestly can't see myself very invested in the story. I've just been griping over the poor controls and I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING IN THIS STUPID DULL PALETTE BS to take in anything else.

(NO SPOILERS)
So disappointed by that game. I was like "THIS is what I waited so long for, Nintendo?! THIS?!" I felt so jipped. :< But my faith was renewed after Skyward Sword (Which I still haven't beaten yet lol)
I KNOW, RIGHT?! A lot of people keep talking about how Twilight Princess is the best game ever and I feel really bad because I keep getting bored whenever I play the game. And yes yes yes Skyward Sword! I beat that game a couple of months ago. That game is super fun but I thought it was suspiciously too easy because they give you all the answers right there (Sheikah Stone) and I unlocked all the secrets except for two Pieces of Heart (and I know where they are... it's just that I suck at mini-games.) Where are you at? Haha.
UGH I am stuck at the Imprisoned #2. I just can't seem to co-ordinate jumping around it and hitting the peg in its head. Stupid arms! So I put it down for a while and am getting back to Donkey Kong Country Returns. But...any pointers? I keep getting game over. :< Also, I am starting to really love Groose! HAHA!

Twilight Princess has the worst items and the storyline is a rehash from Link to the Past, in my opinion. But OMG I love Midna. XD
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:UGH I am stuck at the Imprisoned #2. I just can't seem to co-ordinate jumping around it and hitting the peg in its head. Stupid arms! So I put it down for a while and am getting back to Donkey Kong Country Returns. But...any pointers? I keep getting game over. :< Also, I am starting to really love Groose! HAHA!

Twilight Princess has the worst items and the storyline is a rehash from Link to the Past, in my opinion. But OMG I love Midna. XD
Awww, man, the Imprisoned battles are so tedious! It took me like four tries to defeat him. I think this battle is the most intimidating but
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
it won't be a surprise to you when you have to fight Imprisoned #3
. Just call up Groose when the Imprisoned starts to climb because he stays still... so if you're a bad shot like me, you have a better chance of hitting him. Furthermore, when you aim, the big blue dot has to be directly on his face!

When you jump around him, personally, I find the closest steam point, fly to the level above, run down, and jump to where his head is. :( I wish you luck on this part! If you thought this was hard, wait until you do the boss rush! I purposely didn't fight the last three boss battles before doing the boss rush so I'd have a better chance of not dying before getting the Hylian Shield.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is soooo hard. There seems to be like 209452 secrets that I can't seem to find. Furthermore, the controls aren't very tight and I will never forgive the game developers for ditching the KREMLINGS, WHAT THE HELL
Nekoi

Post by Nekoi »

My friend gifted me with a Game Stop gift card! The first thing I did was go next day and buy Theathrhythm Final Fantasy! I'm loving this game cause it brings me lot of nostalgically feelings! It's making me want to replay Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy 6!!>_<
Even if it's a rhythmical game, it's really nice cause it's combined to the classical rpg elements. Characters improves their levels while they went in the various stages and can be equipped with various abilities which help to move on way forward in each stage.
You can in fact fight harder enemies and boss if you're able defeating them quickly and this happen only if you proper improves of level! :)
My dream team (until I'll unlock and train more characters) for now is: Zidane, Lightning, Cloud and Terra! :D
"There is only one God, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death: Not today"
Syrio Forel, ASoIaF
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

Juhi wrote:I'm currently playing London Detective Story 2 (iPod otome game where you can romance Sherlock Holmes and friendzzz)
haha. I'm currently playing this one too. :inlove:

This year, I've just been playing otome games. haha. Right now I'm playing Shinigami to Shoujo (Death god and Girl) :blush:
aminuet .。. king
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

Even though I wasn't playing anything at all earlier this summer, I'm simultaneously finishing up two separate storylines in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (which is 9 years old now wtf) and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on hard mode. I'm attempting to pick up the sequel Radiant Dawn in the next few days.

My brain is fried OTL
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Kibumie wrote:
Juhi wrote:I'm currently playing London Detective Story 2 (iPod otome game where you can romance Sherlock Holmes and friendzzz)
haha. I'm currently playing this one too. :inlove:

This year, I've just been playing otome games. haha. Right now I'm playing Shinigami to Shoujo (Death god and Girl) :blush:
Haha, nice! Unfortunately, it's taking me forever to get through because of my shitty Japanese. I can understand most of the mushy-gushy stuff though haha. The first game is pretty cute too.

I've been playing more otome games that usual this year as well. I recently picked up The Second Reproduction. It's probably one of the better otome games I've played, even with its flaws. And it has voice acting! :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I was going to finish Gurumin during my airplane gas station shift, but I ended up posting here from my iPod for most of the time and ddin't really play. ^^;;
Varen

Post by Varen »

Puppeteer wrote:Even though I wasn't playing anything at all earlier this summer, I'm simultaneously finishing up two separate storylines in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (which is 9 years old now wtf) and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on hard mode. I'm attempting to pick up the sequel Radiant Dawn in the next few days.

My brain is fried OTL
Good luck with PoR. I admit that I didn't have much courage trying it on Hard Mode because the game can be pretty hard if, say, you didn't bother resetting if your teammates ended up with crappy stats (looking at you Oscar). Trying a no-death mode is also severely difficult. I'm the type of person who needs everything, so I always tend to re-do a battle if someone dies. D:
Joe wrote:I KNOW, RIGHT?! A lot of people keep talking about how Twilight Princess is the best game ever and I feel really bad because I keep getting bored whenever I play the game.
Really? Some people might be professing that now because the minority want to express their distaste for Skyward Sword, but I find that most fans tend to dislike TP, even moreso than WW (which I actually loved the first time). But haaahhhh I don't blame you for getting bored of the game! It's the only Zelda game where I had difficulty trying to replay! I've played all my Zelda games (minus my recent purchases) over and over, and yet TP is the one I can't complete a second time. My sister had to force herself to beat it.

I think the problem with TP is that most of the NPCs were pretty unimportant and/or didn't have enough screentime. I'm expecing Illya to have some vital importance to the overall plot but instead she's just
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
has some knowledge of a stupid annoying dungeon
. I'm not sure if it's fair to compare gameplay to OoT but... I did felt nothing refreshing from the other Zelda titles. Even Majora's Mask, which basically used OoT's engine, did a lot of interesting (controversial or not) changes such as the time system, the masks, and even Link's more athletic abilities, to keep it a cult classic.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again