What are you playing?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
anon

Re: What are you playing?

Post by anon »

Varen wrote:I think the problem with TP is that most of the NPCs were pretty unimportant and/or didn't have enough screentime. I'm expecing Illya to have some vital importance to the overall plot but instead she's just
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
has some knowledge of a stupid annoying dungeon
. I'm not sure if it's fair to compare gameplay to OoT but... I did felt nothing refreshing from the other Zelda titles. Even Majora's Mask, which basically used OoT's engine, did a lot of interesting (controversial or not) changes such as the time system, the masks, and even Link's more athletic abilities, to keep it a cult classic.
The game got higher ratings than Skyward Sword though, you gotta admit. And you're one of the only friends I have who find Twilight Princess a bit lackluster (no pun intended because that game is FREAKING DARK). And yeah, some of the NPCs aren't very memorable... Skyward Sword's NPCs are but the game was also criticized for focusing too much on motion controls and sidequests. So, in the end, you gotta balance that out.
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

Varen wrote:Good luck with PoR. I admit that I didn't have much courage trying it on Hard Mode because the game can be pretty hard if, say, you didn't bother resetting if your teammates ended up with crappy stats (looking at you Oscar). Trying a no-death mode is also severely difficult. I'm the type of person who needs everything, so I always tend to re-do a battle if someone dies. D:
Omg, tell me about it--Oscar AND Ike (I yell at my screen tbh) are making me weep with their strength stats. But considering it's chapter 10 and at least Oscar is ready to promote, I'm going to hope and pray that other characters can pick up the slack later.

And I agree with you about no-death. In all of my history with Fire Emblem, I have never continued after losing a character. You feel good about keeping them around, but it's still the most frustrating thing ever when you're on the last turn of a map, you make one little miscalculation in character placement, and BAM--goodbye, everything. -_-
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Aa-chan

Post by Aa-chan »

>__>;;;

Theatrythm Final Fantasy and replaying Final Fantasy IV DS.

TFF is... ZOMG NOSTALGIA for me. :3 The first in the "Series" category I played was 'Final Fantasy I.' ( "What? You mean you didn't play Final Fantasy IV?" ... Yeah, surprise! :D ) I did horribly, despite going through the tutorial ( I made an "F" overall. XD ), but, my gosh; to hear that they were the original NES ones really made me smile. =) I grew up with my parents playing that game, and it brought back a LOT of memories. ... Specifically when I started a file one day, and saved over my dad's -- he cried, because he was so close to beating the game... :P

My current party is : Cecil, Bartz, Warrior of Light, and Tidus. Trying my hardest to unlock Faris and Rydia.

FFIV DS... This is probably one FFIV remake I don't like. :/ Everything's pretty and all, but.. I HATE that
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Rydia learns Meteor at level 80 instead of 70, and Palom learns Thundaga at level 40 instead of 35
. XP ... Replaying it anyway because... Uhm... I like the challenges it has with bosses. Yes.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aa-chan wrote:>__>;;;

Theatrythm Final Fantasy and replaying Final Fantasy IV DS.

TFF is... ZOMG NOSTALGIA for me. :3 The first in the "Series" category I played was 'Final Fantasy I.' ( "What? You mean you didn't play Final Fantasy IV?" ... Yeah, surprise! :D ) I did horribly, despite going through the tutorial ( I made an "F" overall. XD ), but, my gosh; to hear that they were the original NES ones really made me smile. =) I grew up with my parents playing that game, and it brought back a LOT of memories. ... Specifically when I started a file one day, and saved over my dad's -- he cried, because he was so close to beating the game... :P

My current party is : Cecil, Bartz, Warrior of Light, and Tidus. Trying my hardest to unlock Faris and Rydia.

FFIV DS... This is probably one FFIV remake I don't like. :/ Everything's pretty and all, but.. I HATE that
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Rydia learns Meteor at level 80 instead of 70, and Palom learns Thundaga at level 40 instead of 35
. XP ... Replaying it anyway because... Uhm... I like the challenges it has with bosses. Yes.
Good luck unlocking characters! I gave up trying to unlock. It'll just happen when it happens. They make it so hard to unlock anyone...

As for FFIV DS, I never finished it. It was so hard!

/complain lol
Aa-chan

Post by Aa-chan »

Thanks. ^^; I read somewhere that the shards are found at random (I think gamefaqs or something), but I'm so determined... ;-;

FFIV DS is friggin' hard. >_<; Definitely a rude awakening to all other renditions of the game. :/ I also hate "The After Years" with a passion, but that's another story... ^^;;
Kula

Post by Kula »

Currently hating on Fate/Extra because I .... hate Saber with the passion of a thousand burning suns BUT she's the one recommended to new players. To be quite honest if it wasn't for my current gameplay hours I would totally re-start it and play with Caster even if it's hard at first (or so my friends say) ;__;

Also finally managed to get lvl 22 on League of Legends. I'LL BE LVL30 SOON, JUST WAIT 8(
Kibumie wrote:This year, I've just been playing otome games. haha. Right now I'm playing Shinigami to Shoujo (Death god and Girl) :blush:
omg, all of my friends rec'd me StS since they say it's a pretty good game even if it's no that otome iirc. I would like to hear your impressions later bb :heart:
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I'm still trying to get laid in Harvest Moon. I have all these other games to play but I can't bring myself to start them until I get somewhere with the HM boys. :bleh:
Ava

Post by Ava »

Shiori wrote:I'm still trying to get laid in Harvest Moon. I have all these other games to play but I can't bring myself to start them until I get somewhere with the HM boys. :bleh:
LOL. This just reminded me of why I loved those short dating sim flash games back in the day. If only real dating could be broken down into stats and memorizing partner information (...or can it? :blank: )

I haven't broken out a console game in a long time, but I currently play Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook sporadically.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I had fun with Fate/Extra even it was kind of grindy. Make sure you get as many levels as you can before moving on to the next game day. It was my first Fata game and I played with Archer cause he's cute ^_^ I beat the game easily enough. Only 2 bosses gave me trouble and by then I go the hand of fast wins and the last boss was way easy.

lol at Harvest Moon! XD Mineral Town is my favorite location of HM game, I like Cliff, he's my second fav from HM. My #1 favorite HM character is actually from Leaf Valley, Charles, the hilarious robot maker who looks like they fused Rufus Shinra with Reno (FFVII). XD
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

My brother and I recently had a lot of fun playing through Portal 2 co-op. :) It's very well done, and there was more of GLaDOS than I was expecting. (Although whenever I play games with my brother we tend to try to sabotage each other, even in co-op games, so it took us a while to learn how to work together. Mario Bros Wii was actually impossible for us to play through. Urge to sabotage was too strong.) It made me want to go back and replay the single player campaign, too.
a spoony bard