Pokemon - Do you ever abandon your starter?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Todd

Pokemon - Do you ever abandon your starter?

Post by Todd »

Do you ever abandon or put away your starter, or is it always apart of your main party?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Pokemon - Do you ever abandon your starter?

Post by dubiousdisc »

In generation 2, I usually box it because I don't particularly like any of the final forms. In all the other generations, I don't remember ever putting it away.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

When it comes to my starter Pokemon I always keep it with me. I had thought it was a requirement to keep that Pokemon with you so it just kinda stuck with me and I've been doing it ever since. In each generation there is always at least one starter I really like, some perhaps moreso than others (I'm looking at you Greninja!) so I never really saw any need to put them in the PC. I think there was one time where I did not keep my starter with me but I don't remember when or what version that was.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It depends on which generation. I love Charizard, though the other starters don't stand out to me so I'll switch them when I catch a favorite. Overall I don't care for elemental balance, I'll play with the ones I like best as I catch them.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I'm like Crystal, I thought that it was necessary to keep your starter on your party...'course, the last Pokemon games I played were Yellow, and maybe Gold or Silver but I can't remember... xD I think the last starter I had was Cyndaquil, if that helps. *man I'm OLD*

I didn't mind keeping my starter on my team, though, since it was usually the most leveled-up out of the whole bunch. I always had a hard time leveling up my other little guys, though.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:I didn't mind keeping my starter on my team, though, since it was usually the most leveled-up out of the whole bunch. I always had a hard time leveling up my other little guys, though.
Me too. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Generally I always keep my starter with me. And I always name them. The only times I can remember not keeping my starter with me was Totodile and Mudkip. I wasn't fond of the evolutions and got different water types. In X/Y I have my Greninja and Blastoise. My team is water/dark heavy and it doesn't matter.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Never! I just can't, I'd hurt it's nonexistent feelings. We were together from the start!
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I DO YES. In Gen V I abandoned my fire pig and in Gen IV my turtle. (Though I think Turtwig is the cutest of the Gen IV starters) But after Gen 2 I haven't been a big fan of the starters. For Gen 1 I have a hard time choosing a favorite (Charmander, usually) and for Gen 2 always Totodile (Croconaw~♥).

Here's hoping that in the next generation I find some of the starters I am in love with haha
Saya

Post by Saya »

If it's charizard - it stays. Thinking of the all games i played (started with yellow, or was it red), I think i never ever abandoned my starter, it is the one that started with me and I kept it till my last dying breath XD
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.